Thread: Update on Ella - Bipolar stuff

angeleena is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Update on Ella - Bipolar stuff

I have great news. Our daughter is getting better every hour farther away from the large doses of flax oil that we were giving her. (last dose wednesday)
    She is almost back to normal tonight and is no longer manic. Wow, what a scary ride we have been on....hope we are through!

It was on mayoclinic.com that we found the information about flax oil causing activation in bipolar people.

Anyway, I wanted to share that she is much better!

angi

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

So very amazing! I am so happy that you are finding the answers you need to help Ella!!! I read up last night on bipolar since I am not that familar with it. Congrats on a diagnosis and good luck with everything you will learn now!!

Susan

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

wow who would have guess that flax seed oil could cause a problem like that. I'm glad that she is better.

k

trek is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

interesting-so glad you found the cause.

amelia1 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

That's great to hear!

You know, I have researched in the past on nutrition/supplements and the effects on certain medicines and illness. I am amazed at how much a natural substance can alter a person who takes a particular medicine or how has a particular illness. I am so glad you found that info and that things are getting better.

DH's family has a history or Bipolar and it is very tricky! I am sorry you are dealing with this but am so glad you are working through it!

Hugs
    Jen

NancyR is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Good for you! You know, there's a lot to be said for keeping

journals for food and supplements - and watching for correlations! Also, FYI, red dye #40 can also cause similar reactions in kids - some kids are just more sensitive.

Maybe you can try Fish Oils instead of flax seed to get the same benefits from a different source? Of course, slow and stead would be the key.

I have to say, as an adult I've tried some natural supplements, and I have had reations to them - Ginko Biloba comes to mind. I think I'm allergic to it. The difference is kids can't express -or identify - the changes they're feeling as well as adults can.

My family has a history of bi-polar also. I can say, meds and counseling are the key to balance. My family members live a great, normal life!

HUGS! N