Thread: Hello! Introduction...

Default Hello! Introduction...

Hello,

I received the ok from Nancy to post on this board so I thought I would start by introducing myself.

I have been visiting INCIID boards and posting since I was pregnant with DS #1 in 2000. I wish I had discovered INCIID earlier but it wasn’t until someone mentioned INCIID on a Resolve board that I found it.

After many years of IF, DS#1 was born via IVF/ICSI thanks to an amazing doctor in Ottawa, CA. We flew from Nebraska for treatment there because of the cost and were so happy we did.

Some of you might remember me from babies due and babies born boards for 2001 and 2005 as well as adoption boards in 2003/04, IVF Waiting Room, PNO.

I have a second son who’s pregnancy was a complete surprise. He will turn 4 next month.

But it is my older son, James, that has health issues. I have read a few of your posts recently and I share some of the same issues as you. He was diagnosed with Celiacs Disease in September. But even before then, he had ADHD and behavioral issues that were hard to explain. And because of the Celiacs Disease, he has always dealt with malnutrition and weight loss.

We’re still finding our way with his new gluten-free diet including dealing with school and fighting for his needs to be safe.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Kelly

Default Welcome Kelly!!

I'm fairly new to this board and not often as supportive as I should be. I am here because my DS (4) had a massive brain tumor removed last April. We are facing an ADHD diagnosis due to brain injury. We are also being tested for gluten/casein allergies.

Glad you are here! You will find support here! The women here have supported me tremendously! Thanks Ladies!!

Hugs to you.
    Jen

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Hello and welcome! We are dealing with severe gluten intolerance (maybe celiac's but we just don't know) with my 6 year old and my 7 yr old has adhd symptoms so I'm sure we can be of support to each other! I imagine that you will find the gluten free diet will help with so many of your dd's issues. Both my girls are gluten free/dairy free and I am wheat free.

Take care.....

Susan

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Welcome. No advice on the celiacs but glad to hear that you found out what was wrong.

karen

trek is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Welcome. There are several here with great knowledge of gluten free diets and celiacs.

Thank you for all of the kind words! I've always found the INCIID community to be so knowledgeable and savvy. I'm hoping I can offer support to you all too.

Kelly

amelia1 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Welcome to the board. There's a wealth of info on this board.