Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: update

Default update

Monday we have a hearing to request standing to intervene in the case.

the aunt and uncle I heard today have hired an attorney.

please pray for us and send some positive thoughts.

bmom is due to have the baby any minute now. we are meeting her mom tomorrow b/c she wants to meet again in person.

I can't even begin to explain the feelings going on inside me. total excitement for one and working really hard to not feel worried about the other. Specifically that bmom doesnt go into labor at the same time we need to be in court.

I need some friends to keep me up right now b/c this is hard!

sfpierce is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default hugs and all my love

I keep checking in for news about your family. I still just can't BELIEVE this. I just want to SCREAM at the uncle and aunt (as adoptive parents themselves don't they understand how much you love this little guy??). So anyway, I can only imagine how you are feeling. Is there any chance that mediation or something like that in front of a judge would give them a chance to understand they are trying to break up a family that has already been formed???
    And I wish you the very best of luck and enjoyment with the pending newest addition. We are here for you!!

Good luck tomorrow. I will be praying that these relatives will see the big picture and realize that the baby belongs with you. Also wishing happy thoughts for your new baby that will hopefully arrive soon, but hopefully not while you are in court.

Let us know how it goes.
    Last edited by doubleL; 03-01-2009 at 10:20 PM. Reason: typos

I hope all went well at your hearing. I know I don't post much put I do check in for your updates and continue to hope and pray for the best for your family. We have been through the ups and downs of foster care and have been through the loss of a couple of foster children (that was heartbreaking) but have now adopted through foster care so I know the emotional rollercoaster you are on. Good luck.

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Were you able to have the meeting today? How did it go?

Default what a long day.........

after 2 1/2 hours in court today we really didn't get anywhere. the judge ordered us to all go to mediation to determine if we have standing. I honestly do not see that anything will get done in mediation. our attorney is very good and actually outside of court all these attorneys are friends but you sure couldn't tell that in court. How stressful to listen to all that.

the judge did say that if we couldn't get anywhere in mediation then he would make a ruling. UGHHHHH this just sounds like a lot more money. we will do anything to keep our baby.....the financial part of it is crazy. on top of our attorney today we had an expert witness that cost us $595, basically b/c she gets paid by the hour, like any other, didn't get to testify to the very end... dh is still looking hard and fast for a job. the bank says we will get our loan but somehow paperwork keeps getting messed up so we can't get that money until next week....and then our new one on the way......... I am trusting the Lord for this one!

I am now ready for our new little guy to come into the world. I really am thinking it will happen b/f the end of the week.

thank you everyone for the positive thoughts and prayers and keeping up with me. I am SO ready to join the parenting after adoption board. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

Thinking of you and praying to a happy ending (SOON!!) to all of this madness! I too cannot wait to "see" you on a parenting board Praying for you, the babies, your dh's job, and for the judge to see your son's best interests... HUGS!

Many prayers to you all. This really is unbelievable. They must see how much this baby belongs with you all. Hugs, hugs and more hugs.
    karen

Default just came from our attorney's office

I think we have a good case (as any common sense jury would see he needs to stay wtih us) however it is going to cost at least twice as much as we first thought b/c of all the paper work the other attorneys are throwing at us.

thank you everyone for all the thoughts and prayers.

does anyone know of anyway to raise money, grants, or tax write off's for all these legal fees????? we are talking lots of money!!!!!!

No. But what about the Dave Thomas Foundation (the founder of Wendy's fast food restaurants). Its an adoption related foundation.

karen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast