Thread: I know this board isn't checked frequently but I had to post this (m)

Default I know this board isn't checked frequently but I had to post this (m)

My dd, my youngest and last child, just finished nursing 3 nights ago. I am feeling very bittersweet about it. I have nursed or been pregnant for the past 8 years!! I nursed my 8 year old dd for 13 months until becoming pregnant with ds. I nursed him for 2 1/2 years until becoming pregnant with dd, who is 3. She has really hung onto nursing and I know it is time, but I'm feeling emotional about it...I just had to post this. I have to say, breastfeeding all 3 children as long as I did is one of my biggest and most proud accomplishments...

Lea
    Proud mom of an 8, 6, and 3 year old

Quote Originally Posted by LeaDuse View Post
    My dd, my youngest and last child, just finished nursing 3 nights ago. I am feeling very bittersweet about it. I have nursed or been pregnant for the past 8 years!! I nursed my 8 year old dd for 13 months until becoming pregnant with ds. I nursed him for 2 1/2 years until becoming pregnant with dd, who is 3. She has really hung onto nursing and I know it is time, but I'm feeling emotional about it...I just had to post this. I have to say, breastfeeding all 3 children as long as I did is one of my biggest and most proud accomplishments...

Lea
    Proud mom of an 8, 6, and 3 year old
    Congratulations, Lea - you have given your three children a priceless gift. Way to go, mama!

Sara

Default Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I saw your post (m)

below of your beautiful kids and want to say congratulations on making it to 1 and doing such a great job!! It really is such a powerful emotional connection, isn't it??

Lea

Congratulations on your great mothering. I bet you have had many close moments with all of your children through breastfeeding.

Cordelia
    mom to 17 mo Anna who is still nursing and now asks for boobies by name.

trek is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

so awesome but bittersweet too. Great job