Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Peanut allergies

Melanie-

At what age did your son outgrow the egg allergy? Our DD is almost 4 and we had her tested and it's still coming up a class 5 allergy. Interestingly enough though she went from not being able to eat it in baked goods to being able to eat it in any form other than just cooked eggs. We're hoping that's a sign she'll outgrow it. I'm hoping against hope that she'll outgrow the peanut one, but I know that's a long shot.

Thanks,
    Karen

My youngest was IVF and has a peanut allergy. I used the shots and I don't think I used the tablets (I just can't remember) but I ate a lot of peanut butter during my pregnancy. I also ate a lot with my oldest (not IVF) and he has no food allergies. I never gave much thought to eating pb while pregnant. We have no history of food allergies in our families yet Jack ended up peanut allergic.

Default thanks... I have learned a lot from these posts!

Sarah was just diagnosed on Wed. so I haven't had a lot of time to research yet. I found it very interesting about chick-fil- a and the heat pressed oil. Sarah also shows as having an egg allergy, but she eats lots of things with eggs (baked goods, pancakes, etc.) and seems okay. The two times I gave her a bit of straight egg, she did break out in a rash. The dr. is going to do a challenge test on eggs, since she can eat a lot of products with eggs in it. I think she will outgrown that one. I can tell you I did eat a ton of eggs the entire pregnancy, as I had gestational diabetes, and I don't like a lot of meat, so eggs were my almost daily protein source. Good points on the third trimester probably being the most likely to affect the baby, and progesterone tablets were definitely much earlier! Thanks again for all the posts!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2