Thread: Our adoption paperwork was approved

Default Our adoption paperwork was approved

I just got a call from our social worker this morning (we are foster adopting) that our file was approved as of yesterday. I am beyond excited! She told me average wait time is about 6 months so we have a while to wait, but I am sooooo happy.

Thanks to all of you for all of your support in helping me get to this point.

Lilly

Default Congrats Lily!

Congrats! I hope your wait is short!

Erin
    --adoptive mother of 4 through foster-adopt

Thanks Erin. How long were your waits if you don't mind me asking?

Congrats. One hurdle down! We adopted our daughter through foster/adopt. We had our first placement a day before we recieved our license in the mail (the sw's already had the info that we had our license) so you never know how long it will take!

Default waits

Our waits were short but we adopted at the height of the federal push to get as many waiting children adopted as possible. We waited about 90 days for our first son and about 2 weeks to get matched with our other children (although their transition to our home took 2-3 months because they were older). Our kids are now 10-14 and were adopted 9-10 years ago at ages 8 mos - 5.5 years.

Erin

Hi, Just have a question for those that have gone through the adoption process...The situation is basically a 15 year old girl is pregnant, not sure who that father is and does not want the child. She was too far along to have an abortion and then she was just going to have the baby and leave it at the hospital, but now she just basically wants to sign the child over to a family friend that wants to adopt. I know that lawyers have to be involved for all the paperwork and all, but my ? is how simple/complicated is this process going to be?