Thread: second time misscarried at age 19

Question second time misscarried at age 19

hi my name is jenny...
    i just had my D&C done yesterday and i havent slept in almost 3 days because im wondering why...
    about me real quick:
    im 19 years old,
    married,
    had another misscarriage (there was nothing to see in there until misscarried in 8.6week) with D&C in may 2008

about what happend this time (as much as i know):
    i went to the hospital when i was 6+1weeks, bc everyone was making me nervous by saying my last d&c could cause a tubal pregnancy and my first ob appointment was in late april...but they could already detect heartbeat and see a little grey dot in there at the hospital...
    therefore my husband and i thought everything would be alright and looked forward to our ob appointment on april 28th...
    they cancelled the appointment due to a broken a/c so we had to come back on april 30th...
    the doctor first did the normal check up and was really positiv and also said by touch it feels like it could be twins...

but when he did the ultrasound there was no more heartbeat and no movement, also with another setting on the ultrasound to detect pulsive blood(?) there was nothing over the baby but everywhere around it...

he said the baby stopped growing at 7+5 and i was supposed to be 9+4 that day...
    we had a short talk with him, but i couldnt keep my mind together to ask any questions because i was too busy crying into myself...
    i had an appointment for the d&c yesterday and went home right after...

he took mine and my husbands blood to check our chromosomes and he will tell us the results on may 15th...
    here i also have to add that there where never any misscarriages on any side of our families....

but i cant stop but thinking...
    the day before, or even the day the baby stopped growing (where i guess the heartbeat stopped too) my friend gave me 2 pills of benadryl allergy relief bc i had to sneeze really bad the entire time and she had a newborn with her and wouldve kicked me out if i wouldnt have taken anything...

i trusted her bc she already had 2 children and she used to be a doctors assistent...

but now i wonder, could that have been the reason??

i didnt tell the doctor about the benadryl yet because i just thought of it last night but since then i cant stop thinking about it...

the doctor also said it could have been because my "cyst" (where i still dont really understand what he means with that...he said its a doctors term for something...) stopped producing some special kind of oil that the baby needs until im 12 weeks pregnant...

it would be nice if i could get an explanetion about the "cyst" thing and the benadryl...

and since its my second misscarriage and my husband and i really want a child, we are really afraid its going to happen again and wonder when we can actually try again...

already thanking for any answer...

jenny

I am sorry to hear of your losses. The benadryl did not have anything to do with the miscarriage. The best thing to do at this point is to wait for the results of the chromosome analysis of this pregnancy that was lost and go from there. If the chromsomosmes are normal then more testing to find the casuse if indicated. Let us know the reslts of the chromosome analysis. Our thoughts are with you. Dr. Coulam