Thread: Mother'sDay Plans, let's wake this board up?

Default Mother'sDay Plans, let's wake this board up?

I'm still deciding what we are doing but I have the kids all to myself that day with dh and he'll see his mom with the kids the day before. If the weather is nice, I'd love to do brunch in the City. Haven't made any reservations but maybe with all the rain this week, the weekend will be decent.

Happy Mother's Day. I got a new computer system today, the monitor is a Dell Vista so I'm counting that as my Mother's Day gift. It's got cool features....

chris s is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default I'll bite. We are going to the circus! nt

nt

How about a 1:00 p.m. baseball game for Mother's Day? We have had rainouts and swine flu cancellations, so Sunday games are being played.

seals is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default I made a brunch reservation at a place I want to go

Figured I'd take charge this year and just plan it myself. After church and brunch I plan to spend the day relaxing and being with DSs -- outside if the weather cooperates. Of course that means Saturday will be carmmed full with chores and errands. But it gives me something to look forward to. Enjoy the day.

Sue

northy is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default let's see... (m)

t&d have *prekinderhockey* at 10am, so we have to get going a bit earlier than i like on sunday... dh will take them to hockey, i'll tag along to get them suited up then head out to the grocery store for the week's shopping... go home, make lunch, then drive dh to the airport for a business trip... the afternoon will be an excercise of all my coping mechanisms...

for my mom, i've taken pics of my kids with my neice which i will send her (digitally for now)... also will likely make a donation to something in her name (her request - she specifically said no more flowers)...

for mil - i leave that up to dh... i've tried to suggest ideas in the past and he's always rejected them... so i consider this to be *not my problem*

We have a weekend of celebration which means I am NOT cooking all weekend. Nothing special really planned though!
    Hugs,
    Jami

PROUD Mommy to twin boys...Logan & Aiden!

Allegro is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Same thing we do every year ...

About 5 years ago I decided that I too needed to relax on Mother's Day rather than slaving like an indentured servant to prepare a meal for my mother and everyone else in the family. We started a tradition of going out for brunch at a gorgeous resort. It's a 45-minute drive or so from our house, along a picturesque river with a ferry thrown in that is always a big sell with the kids. The resort is a MASSIVE log cabin - a truly impressive building with gorgeous ground (a G-8 summit was hosted here a few years back). We have a relaxing brunch then take a stroll through the grounds. The kid's play in the park and then we head back home after a day in the country.

It's always fun.

chris s is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Sounds wonderful! Have a great time! nt

nt