Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Making the choice to Adopt...

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

lets see PCOS is polycystic ovarian syndrome. a nasty condition that causes all kinds of problems including cycling regularly among them.

dd is my dear daughter

HCG shot is the hormone that your body regularly gives off to release an egg that is ready.

R&J are my sons Reuben and Jacob. My daughter is Faith.

You are right, there are ways to get around hostile CM in the future. Taking that first step does help a lot. Its progress which can be elusive with IF.

We had to write a dear birthmother letter/book. Ours was 5 pages if I remember. It was very hard to write so you might want to start thinking about what you want to tell a potential birthmother about you. Its kind of a way to "sell" yourself. That sounds terrible but she wants to know where her baby will be going. Lots of pictures of you, your dh, your home, etc help too.

We had a book about writing these letters and it was very helpful. I can't think of the name now but you should be able to find it in Amazon.

Good luck on your journey and keep us posted. Don't be intimated by it. It can be scary going through the home study but they want you to be successful.

hugs
    karen

Jennifer,

I can relate to so much of your post especially the loss and difficulty parts. I had a small period of time where I felt like I was babysitting. I loved my boys but they didn't seem like they were mine at first. It didn't last long so remember Laura, its all normal.
    karen

thanks Karen!

Yes, I've heard of the birth mom letter. I'm pretty good at writing letters at this point that had to sell myself and tug at the heart strings. For other reasons not related to adoption. But none of them were 5 pages worth!! almost 3 tops. lol. I don't have enough about myself to talk for 5 pages! There's probably no limit to how short or long you need them though right? But it probably needs to be longer than a page I'm guessing. I'm rambling, sorry. I think out loud alot. =) I'll start thinking now, thanks!

Pictures and white space go a long way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2