Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: restaurants refusing to serve wine to pregnant women?

nmcd is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default restaurants refusing to serve wine to pregnant women?

There are some restaurants in my neighborhood refusing to serve wine to visibly pregnant women. What are your thoughts on this?

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

hum. are they afraid of liability issues? I would be pissed but then again I wouldn't drink when I was pregnant.

Scout Guest

As the mother of 3 adopted kids, 2 with fetal alcohol effect and 1 with fetal alcohol syndrome, I applaud them! Someone has to look out for the fetus. I'm not saying that all pregnant women are drunks, but imo, none of them need to be drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    As the mother of 3 adopted kids, 2 with fetal alcohol effect and 1 with fetal alcohol syndrome, I applaud them! Someone has to look out for the fetus. I'm not saying that all pregnant women are drunks, but imo, none of them need to be drinking.

I don't get this at all. It is a woman's right to choose to have an abortion, whenever she wants, but she can't choose to have a glass of wine? Who is looking out for the fetus as it is being aborted? I am equally confused when someone kills a pg women and is also charged with the death of the fetus (2 counts of murder). It is either a life or it isn't, it is either deserving of protection or it isn't.

Scout Guest

Huh? I'm not sure where you got this from my post?

Scout Guest

Now I get it; you're trying to drag the Soapbox issue over here. These have been presented as two different issues. I am assuming that this thread pertains to a pg. woman who has decided to continue her pg.

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    Now I get it; you're trying to drag the Soapbox issue over here. These have been presented as two different issues. I am assuming that this thread pertains to a pg. woman who has decided to continue her pg.

Not really dragging the soapbox issues over. Just stating a fact. I would think it would be against the law and discrimatory for a bar tender to refuse to serve a pg woman a glass of wine. Just as it would be discrimatory for a bar tender to refuse to serve someone who was gay or black or whatever.

You stated someone has to look after the rights of the fetus, and that made me laugh, because the fetus apparently does not have any rights when it comes to abortion. Either a fetus has rights or it doesn't.

Scout Guest

I realize that you are passionate about the abortion issue; however I don't understand why you've interjected it in here. This was clearly about serving alcohol to a pg. woman. I will not post my feeling for or against abortion. I do however, have strong feelings about a pg. woman who has made a decision to carry to term, drinking.

Default no -

I think it's over reaction. A glass of wine with dinner is hardly alcohol abuse or 'heavy' drinking.

Not serving anyone that is 'over the limit' is fine but not serving someone that appears pg is a bit silly.

Kerlin is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

How do they know she is pregnant? Someone with a large belly may have a medical problem, may have just had a baby, or may be fat. I am sure people thought I was still pregnant in the first few months after I delivered. What was it a wag said: "if you don't actually see a baby exiting a woman's body, do NOT assume that woman is pregnant."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast