Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What happened to our board? Please post an update. (m)

We're doing great. My girls turned six in April and they have had a great year in kindergarten. They are more than ready to go to first grade but I'm having a hard time with it -- I kind of wish they could be little forever. Kindergarten here is not part of the elementary school and I am getting nervous about them going to a big school and the all the issues that go along with that.

I've posted earlier in the year about our school issues - we decided that the girls need to be in separate classes and neither of the schools close to us looked like they were going to have two classes, so the girls were going to have to go to two different schools. (Which was a bummer; all their kindergarten and neighborhood friends are going to one school.) Anyway, it looks like (not 100%, but very likely) the close school is going to have two classes so I am over the moon about that. My one daughter who was going to go to the other school is in a bit of a limbo b/c I can't tell her definitely yet which school she'll be going to. I think it is a bit hard on her.

It was great to catch up!
    Levana

Hi , I still check here but not as often.

My twins Isabel and Gloria are now in 1st. grade, they are doing great in separate classes. They are also taking dancing lessons and tennis classes on the weekends. Life is so much easier now that all our children are over 6 and have the same school time tables.

Where are KariKath and so many others?

I miss the old boards,

Valo

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default I'm here

Reuben and Jacob turned 6 in May and finished K this year. I can't believe that they came home a little over 6 years ago. They were adopted in Florida and we had to stay there until late June so it really is 6 years.

My dd Faith turned 5 in May and is starting K in the fall. I'm so excited but again not sure how they got to be this big.

Lots of camps this summer. Its good for them and me. We are also taking a cruise in August. Our first family vacation without anyone accompanying us. No nannies, grandparents, cousins. Nothing but the 5 of us. I'm really excited about that.

karen

Quote Originally Posted by alansrock View Post
    Jami here with twin boys who are 5 and one of whom has his first loose tooth! I mean LOOSE, it'll be out in a matter of days! So preparing for that first exciting visiting from the tooth fairy!!!!!!!!! My mom is coming to visit for the week during my birthday week next week and otherwise we are just busy. We are moving to Japan in Sept.

I find that I only come here every other week since it's so slow these days.
    Logan lost his tooth see this post for an update!!!
    Hugs,
    Jami

PROUD Mommy to twin boys...Logan & Aiden!

Default very late update...

I check in about every other week or so...not as often during the school year. Megan and Alex are 8.5 and doing well. They will be in 3rd grade and school starts August 10. It still shocks me to see them as BIG kids. Alex has autism and continues to be ina self contained classroom. Hemakes very slow progress, but is such a happy kids. He brings us much joy. Megan attends school where I teach and is doing remarkably well. I think she is wishing school would start soon, but I am not ready!!

Kathie

Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    Where is everyone? I know we are all busy with our multiples, but we used to have such fun. Please post an update on you and your kids. Summer plans?

My quads are out of school tomorrow. So much for 5th grade! We're moving on up to the middle school in August. All four made honor roll, including my special girl. I am so proud! We've got a summer of swim team and a family trip up to Washington state.

Marianne
    mom to Emma, John, Rebecca, and Sarah (11 years old)

Default Bonnie with Sam and Spencer (12/04) here...

Hi! I know this reply is months past the original post! But I haven't checked in since last Jan. Shame on me! This used to be a primary support for me and somehow I've lost touch.... The usual rebellion when mommy gets on the computer keeps computer time less these days too They'll be five in December and time just flies by!

We are homeschooling pre-K and have shared some of our journey with some friends locally. These boys keep me "on my toes" and the parenting challenges are never-ending, constantly evolving but we are happy and grateful for many things. My biggest challenge right now is discipline and my continual fatigue due to some health issues. If anyone wants to talk discipline I'd love a new thread! And I'll check in more often!!

We too, have the tortoise and the hare when it comes to meals. I can't see it ever changing so I've tried different strategies such as giving the hare paper and crayons to keep him at the table or sending him to play quietly in another room. No matter what it we try it still seems a challenging issue.

I could write lots on my daily parenting multiples "stuff" and actually would love to reconnect here for support! Especially the part where they think of silly (and aggravating!) things to do a singleton might not really think of on their own! Like peeing an "X" in the toilet for fun! LOL! Not so fun when half of it goes all over the toilet and floor!

I'll sign off for now and check in again soon!
    Nice to see some of you from many moons ago!
    Bon Bon
    Sam and Spencer nearly 5!

Default oops! meant for this to be under the main heading!

Default Hi!

Hi everyone!! Just popping in to say hello! Maybe some if you remember me? My name is Dawn and my twins were born 11-14-03. They are Kevin and Ryan and they are in 2nd grade. I also have Eddie who is 10 and Will who is 3. I didn't realize the boards were still in use. Glad to be back!!

sandsam is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

I would love to see activity here. I have twin girls, now 7. They are second graders in a charter school, and are doing very well.

I also have a 13 yo dd. I am active on other boards, but there is much we could share about parenting multiples.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2