Thread: thyroid question

Default thyroid question

I had my TSH tested in Feb and it was 3.8 (which I know is in the normal range but I thought high for fertility). I also was tested in Sept for ATAs and tested slightly positive for Thyroid Peroxidase antibodies.

Oh I also was tested for MTHFR and am heterozygous for the A mutation but was put on asprin and folbee.

I just had a m/c at 9 weeks could those issues cause a m/c and is there anything I can do to prevent futher m/c.

Those issues could have contributed, but statistically the most common reason for any misciarriage is chromsomal abnormality of the pregnancy. Ws your miscarriage karyotyped? Dr. Coulam

They are doing a chromosomal analysis and I should know about that soon but I have also had 2 early m/c (about 4 to 5 weeks) and a pregnancy where the baby had a 2 vessel cord and I developed hellp syndrome.

Let us know the results of the chromosomal analysis. Dr. Coulam

I received the chromosomal results today and the fetus was chromosomally normal.

Then you should talk with your docotr about being tested for both immunologic and thrombophilic causes for your miscarriage. For more information about the tests included in the Pregnancy Loss and Thrombophilia Panels, you may visit the material on Recurrent Preggnancy Loss in this website or visit the website of Millenova Immunology Laboratories at millenova.com; If you dont have a docotr you may call 847 869 7777 and make an appointment for consultation. This consultation may be done over the telephone if more convenient for you. Dr. Coulam

Default TSH level of 4

Is a TSH level of 4 too high for IVF? I have no other fertility issues. My husband has low sperm count/quality so we have to do IVF.

It depend on the laboratory that performed the test. Is TSH of 4 within the normal range for that lab? Dr, Coulam