Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My parents are so unkind...m

BriNJ is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Your parents are more then unkind- and you and the boys deserve much much better. I doubt you'll change them, so the only thing you can do is protect yourselves. I wouldnt bother to educate them, but I would make it clear that they've crossed the line and that thier role is supposed to be to support you and they dont do that. Then I'd walk away and stay away as much as I can.

It really sucks when the people who should love you the most, support you the least.

Hugs
    Bri

PPeanut is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

I'm so sorry. I hope you are home safe and sound and you and your boys can heal.

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

So sorry and it stinks that you can't visit your sister and brother.

Maybe next time arrange to stay at sis or bro's house and not see them at all. when they ask why tell them.

Big big hugs for all.
    karen

trek is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Thanks again ladies. We are home. I think I need to go and talk with a counselor. The trip really affected me in a negative way. I really thought my mom was trying to understand my boy's issues but she really does not. And even if they do not understand there is no need to be cruel.

Part of the issues during the trip stem from MY feelings- MY issues....

BriNJ is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Im glad you are home- I hope you can decompress and heal. You are 100% right that even if your parents dont understand the boys, they do not need to be cruel. I think anyone would have the same type of feelings from this trip, so be gentle with yourself.

Hugs!

Sorry I am so late responding! Now that you are home, I mostly want to offer hugs and echo what everyone else said. Your parents were being cruel, and clearly they have their own stuff to deal with. Who knows why they are lashing out, but you can only take care of your children and yourself. No one else. And if the most protective thing that you can do for your kids is stay away from them, I wholeheartedly support that. You can't change them.

So glad that you are home. I think that talking to a good counselor is a great idea -- because I agree, our own "stuff" is also tied up in these things too.

Hugs.

Lisa

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3