Thread: 1 live birth and 3 consecutive miscarriages

Default 1 live birth and 3 consecutive miscarriages

My husband and I tried for many years to conceive and in 2005 was referred to a doctor that specialized in Infertility. I tried Clomid alone for about 7 months and then tried clomid with IUI. The first time with IUI we had no luck, but the second time we had a successful pregnancy. ( I should add that if I didn't get pregnant the doctor was going to start me on Metmorfin, I was considered borderline PCOS). The pregnancy was great with hardly any issues, I did develop gestational diabeties and after I had my baby I developed high blood pressure, temporarily. Since then I have been pregnant 3 times, two of them on our own without help and this last one was with clomid and progesterone suppositories. My progesterone level with clomid in the first pregnancy was 42 nine days Post Ovulation. With this last pregnancy my progesterone level (with clomid and prog suppositories) was 18 nine days Post Ovulation. The 2nd miscarriage with no clomid or progesterone help was 7.8 nine days post ovulation. My first 2 miscarriages were lost around 7.5 weeks and this last one was lost at 9.5 weeks. At this point I am afraid to try again. My doctor believes this to be chromozonal and doesn't seem to think further testing is necessary. Do you have any ideas? I have the borderline PCOS and low progesterone levels and have had 1 successful pregnancy with a very healthy baby. I have been pregnant almost every year starting 2005 (my pregnancy was late 2006), so a miscarriage in 2007, 2008 and 2009. Thanks for any ideas or suggestions you might have. I don't know if this helps or not but the 1st miscarriage I didn't even know I was pregnant and lost the baby 2 days later. The second miscarriage we saw a hearbeat at 5.5 weeks and lost the baby at 7.5 weeks. This third miscarriage, I had a tilted uterus and was never able to verify a heartbeat, although a flicker was noticed on the screen.

You should talk with your doctor about being tested for both immunologic and thrombophilic causes contributing to your recurrent pregnancy loss. For more information about the tests included in the Pregnancy Loss and Thrombophilia Panels, you may visit the material on Recurrent Pregnancy Loss on this website or visit the website of Millenova Immunology Laboratories at millenova.com Dr. Coulam