Thread: Doc adding abilify for dd

danellsar is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Doc adding abilify for dd

He's adding it to her mix of lexapro and wellbutrin. Thinks it will help stabilize her mood and, hopefully, not have too much effect on her weight.

Angi- How's Ella doing on abilify?? Is it working? We'll be starting this weekend.
    Ellen

angeleena is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Hi there,
    she is not doing as well as she did on risperdal but she is doing ok most of the time and really great sometimes.....and other times horrid. How is that for an answer? hehe

she won't eat much. she is losing weight which she does NOT need to do.

When she will eat, she feels pretty good.

I think it is maybe a good fit for her but she is sooooo OCD and has NO PATIENCE whatsoever about anything....everything must be RIGHT NoW. So, we are going to talk to the doc about that when we see him again.

I want to know if there is such a thing as an appetite stimulant!??

All said, I think it is a positive change though. The risperdal seems like it has a lot of side effects.

Let me know how it goes ok?

Angi

danellsar is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Angi- Many many meds that are given as psych meds cause weight gain. In fact, the docs classify the meds into weight negative (causes loss), weight neutral, and weight positive (causes gain) and that is one main factor in prescribing. My dd is overweight, and gained like 50 lbs. on the first meds she was given (over the course of a year). So we were looking for something that is, at the very least, neutral. They told me that abilify is supposed to have very little impact on weight, but there are other meds in the same class that make the kids ravenous.

So far, 2 days and we're seeing a nice kid who's mood is stabilizing. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Ellen