Thread: went off on Jacob today

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default went off on Jacob today

We were at soccer practice and he wasn't listening to me in the slightest. It was a long day, school, Faith's ballet practice where the boys did their homework and then soccer.

I had to call dh to get Jacob to behave. I HATE doing that but there was no other choice. Then I was so angry that I just couldn't be nice to him.

I did explain at bedtime why I was so mad. He apologized after soccer practice but when we got home the not listening started up again.

He did tell me that he knew I was mad because I didn't listen to him.

I feel like crying. Its not fair to him, me, Reuben or Faith. And I feel like a failure because I had to call dh.

k

angeleena is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

huGS!

Geeesh! Your day sounds like a very busy day to me! I would get stressed!

I think you are a great mom! I hope you let it go and realize that you are being hard on yourself.

Angi

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Thank you but it started again first thing in the morning. I am hoping this will help me convince dh to give Jacob the short acting meds first thing in the morning and postpone his Vyvanse so it works further into the evening.

Thinking of you too.
    karen

Reese14 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Oh man Karen

I've had days like this. Pretty much everyday, actually.

I know that feeling of thinking I am a failure. It's horrible. I never ever felt like a failure when I had my older DS. Every single day I feel like a horrible mother because I can't put on a happy smile and deal with younger DS's difficult behavior. I often say that typical kids (like older DS) have a few bad days a month. DS maybe has 2-5 GOOD days a month. And my patience is wearing thin.

I feel for you because I know what that is like.

However, in MY case, DS is calling DH and DH is taking him out of timeouts and doesn't believe in any discipline so I can't win either!

Reese14 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default See that's the problem

You hit the nail on the head. It starts the. minute. DS. wakes. up. The minute.

I feel your pain. I really really do.