Thread: Privacy issue - Should I panic? WWYD

Default Privacy issue - Should I panic? WWYD

Without giving it much thought, I e-mailed my sister an article about ds's wonderful inclusion class program. Without asking me, she went ahead and e-mailed the article to some people in her State's Special Ed Department as a nicety to let them know that this program exists. I think that she forwarded my note verbatim. My note contains my e-mail address at work, and my son's first name. I am always vigilant about protecting my son's privacy, so this really irks me. I mentioned to my sister that this is of concern to me, and I vow to never send her anything that is in the least bit sensitive. Are there any additional corrective measures that can be taken at this time without my totally alienating my sister?

Thanks,
    -Carol-

Please let me know if you think that I am being "prissy", and that I should just let it go. Sometimes I can get caught up with things, especially regarding my sister, and I may be losing perspective. I value your opinions.

Thanks.

angeleena is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Hi,
    honestly, it is just his first name and your email address. They could not find you most likely if they googled you all day and night. I would not worry about it. They probably did not even notice the text if it was attached at the bottom of the letter.

Just my 02c

Angi

Quote Originally Posted by angeleena View Post
    Hi,
    honestly, it is just his first name and your email address. They could not find you most likely if they googled you all day and night. I would not worry about it. They probably did not even notice the text if it was attached at the bottom of the letter.

Just my 02c

Angi
    Thanks Angi. Actually they do have my full name and my place of employment, since that's all included on my e-mail address at my workplace. But dh doesn't think it's an issue, and he is usually more low key than I am about that sort of thing. I think that a lot of my feelings has to do with my history with my sister, as she never would have let me get away with this sort of thing if it were her child. I know that it would be best for family harmony if I took the "high road", and I hope that I am capable of doing this.

Sending best wishes to your wonderful little girl.

-Carol-