Thread: Looking for games...anyone have the cranium

chris s is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Looking for games...anyone have the cranium

games? which ones do you like best? I am also thinking about hyperdash (which seems a lot like one of the cranium games???)? Labyrith? Blokus?
    thanks.
    Chris

Default we have a number of games at our house

but none by crainum. We have blokus (like alot), sequence, take n break, rush hour, katimino, river crossing, waterworks (like alot), scrambled states of america (we don't play by the rules). We haven't played bananagrams yet. This year I'm looking at hiss and quirkle. I'm curious what other games people have. Have fun.

Anne

Default We have the pictureka card game...

and am going to get the Pictureka penguin game for Christmas, I think. They love it and a game can be quick, or take as long as you want.

We have had cranium games, but they got bored with them fast. Maybe I should try some of the older ones because we had them a few years ago for the younger ages.

Linda

danellsar is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

We have Kranium Kadoo, which my younger ds (age 5) likes a lot and older dd (age 14) thinks is dumb. We have Apples to Apples, which everybody likes! Older dd really likes Life, and gets into discussing the what ifs and maybes (so the game takes for-ever....). We all like Uno, and have gone through phases of the Ungame (a game that promotes discussions and thinking). Oh, and depending on your religious preferences, but SIL got us the Bethlehem (sp?) game last year, and it's hilarious and tons of fun.
    Ellen

zoeyz is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Cariboo was fun, Balloon Lagoon was fun. I've played Cadoo and it was okay. I'm not sure what age child you're buying for, though.

chris s is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Thanks! My twins are 6. Thanks!nt

nt

trek is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

My older ds 10 and does not like any games board or card
    Holt is newly 5 and loves card games-go fish, crazy 8s, old maid and just started playing UNO.

Any board game: current favorites any guess who game, scrabble, Cranium Balloon Lagoon, Trouble, Operation Spongebob(great fine motor).
    He also plays Buckeroo, Hi Ho Cherry-O, Cranium Hullabloo, What's in Neds's Head(great sensory game, Chutes & Ladders, Candyland, Hungry Hippos, Bingo games, Sequence for kids, sometimes even Cranium Cariboo but beyond that.

Not quite ready for Life, monopoly or Connect Four if played by rules.
    I plan to purchase either Bannagrams, Who Gnu game for the holidays as games with letters really appeal to him. I might consider apples to apples junior as well.

anniemc2000 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Favorite games here

girls, 6 and 8, are Zingo, Connect Four, Pandaboo, Hullaballo, (8yo getting big for this) Game of the States (more 8yo than 6yo), Poppa's Pizza Pileup, Othello and an obscure one called Venga Venga. Lately though the Marbleworks set from Discovery Toys is their favorite thing to play together.
    Have fun!
    Ann