Thread: Food Allergy improvement

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Question Food Allergy improvement

What should/can I expect from cutting out dairy from the girls diets. How long should I wait until I notice some positive results?

They are both basically off dairy but still may be getting some from breads, crackers, etc. because I have not started reading the fine print but they are off all milk, cheese, yogurt, etc. including cheesy crackers, chips...

Of course I am hoping for a miracle but is this a slow process, how will I know it's helping? (dumb questions??)

Thanks!

Susan

Default Our allegerist always said it takes up to two weeks

for the allergen to get out of their system. You should see improvement after that. Long term I think it takes awile for thier systems to adjust. We still question whether the McD's french frys had an ongoing effect even in minute amounts with regard to all the junk in Ds' lungs.

Hoping the diet works for you.
    Charlotte
    Mason (4) Asthma, reflux, GFCF

D_JM is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Are you sure they have a dairy allergy? m

If not, you might want to see if you can get them tested. They might do a blood test rather than a skin prick since they're so little but I gather the RASTs are fairly reliable in the case of food allergies.

I'm thinking about trying to get my DS tested for gluten and casein. I don't want to try to eliminate without good reason for believing it's contributing to his problems--in his case, he has no signs at all of an insensitivity or allergy; no rashes, no respiratory trouble, and no digestive issues. But his teacher brought it up today because his diet is so heavily oriented toward carbs and dairy and noted that reports indicate these sensitivities can increase autistic-like behaviors (my DS is dx with Aspergers/HFA).

--MJ

Default Yes, we got tested!

Quote Originally Posted by D_JM
    I'm thinking about trying to get my DS tested for gluten and casein. I don't want to try to eliminate without good reason but his teacher brought it up today because his diet is so heavily oriented toward carbs and dairy and noted that reports indicate these sensitivities can increase autistic-like behaviors (my DS is dx with Aspergers/HFA).

--MJ
    I did finally get them tested and they are both officially allergic to milk proteins now. I highly recommend getting your ds tested. It is such a relief to finally know! They didn't get the prick test but got their blood tested.

I didn't know that dairy allergy could increase autistic like behavior though. I am really hoping that it helps with my girls sensory issues!

Susan

mickey2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default website that talks about

gluten and caesin in detail. and autism. but has lots of good info for those needind to remove one or both due to allergies also. hugs

www.gfcfdiet.com

Default Mickey2

Thanks so much for that link. Very informative!

Susan