Thread: Adding a new med today...(pic w/sibs)

Default Adding a new med today...(pic w/sibs)

We've been very hesitant to add new meds for Nicholas. After what happened before with the hallucinations and hyper-stimulation...I can't go through that again.

Anyway, we talked with the doctors last week and have decided to add Ritalin. Nicholas is having such a rough time sitting still in school and in therapy. He just can't concentrate. He can't even stand still to pee!!! Seriously!! He is that easily distracted.

The Risperdal seems to be working well for him. The only side effect that is causing some problems is the incontinence. He's been wetting the bed about 4 times a week. It was every single night, sometimes 2-3 times a night, so it is getting better. The doctor said that could improve with the Ritalin, so, we'll see.

(glad to be back on this board...I was "lost" for a bit, LOL)

Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day. I was so happy to have my boy happy and healthy.

As for Noelle, we are back in full swing with her breathing treatments. She is doing well with them, so I guess I can't complain too much. She has quite a few blisters right now, but most of them are not visible under her clothes.

What a wonderful Mother's Day...having all my kiddos together and happy

Hugs,
    Kelly
    Nicholas, Nolan, Noelle and Nicolette

Default Best wishes....will keep fingers crossed for you...

Glad to hear he's doing better even though distracted. Hoping the Ritalin works.

HUGS
    Charlotte

JennyH Guest

Default Many hugs...

Quote Originally Posted by ksim30
    We've been very hesitant to add new meds for Nicholas. After what happened before with the hallucinations and hyper-stimulation...I can't go through that again.

Anyway, we talked with the doctors last week and have decided to add Ritalin. Nicholas is having such a rough time sitting still in school and in therapy. He just can't concentrate. He can't even stand still to pee!!! Seriously!! He is that easily distracted.

The Risperdal seems to be working well for him. The only side effect that is causing some problems is the incontinence. He's been wetting the bed about 4 times a week. It was every single night, sometimes 2-3 times a night, so it is getting better. The doctor said that could improve with the Ritalin, so, we'll see.

(glad to be back on this board...I was "lost" for a bit, LOL)

Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day. I was so happy to have my boy happy and healthy.

As for Noelle, we are back in full swing with her breathing treatments. She is doing well with them, so I guess I can't complain too much. She has quite a few blisters right now, but most of them are not visible under her clothes.

What a wonderful Mother's Day...having all my kiddos together and happy

Hugs,
    Kelly
    Nicholas, Nolan, Noelle and Nicolette

I hope that the ritalin helps.

Your children are beautiful!

Jenny
    Mom to Ben 5.75 low tone and behavioral issues.

Suzi is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Great Update!!!

I hope the ritalin helps too!! Keep us posted!