Thread: I found some of my old report cards (m)

zoeyz is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default I found some of my old report cards (m)

from grades 4-6. The comments on them were really interesting to me in 2 ways. 1, because our son has ADHD, and 2, because I was an August birthday and went to school on time. Anyway, I had issues with math, and more so I had issues with paying attention, especially in the 6th grade. The apple seems to be falling not far from the tree!

Christine S Guest

Default Cathy, not only did *I* have the same issues....

I recall having to read with a ruler because I coudln't keep track of what line I was on.

In going through my mom's things I found very similar comments. My mom was also a terrible speller. It occurred to me that's EXACTLY what Ame is doing. SHe reverses letters in words or totally forgets them. But they're words she does KNOW how to spell.

I can also track a lot of the sensory stuff back to BOTH my parents. My mom HAD to have weight on her feet while she slept. My dad was ultra sensitve to noise so was always calling the cops on the poor teenage neighbors who blasted their music.

It really has been enlightening to put all the pieces together.

C

zoeyz is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Quote Originally Posted by Christine S
    I recall having to read with a ruler because I coudln't keep track of what line I was on.

In going through my mom's things I found very similar comments. My mom was also a terrible speller. It occurred to me that's EXACTLY what Ame is doing. SHe reverses letters in words or totally forgets them. But they're words she does KNOW how to spell.

I can also track a lot of the sensory stuff back to BOTH my parents. My mom HAD to have weight on her feet while she slept. My dad was ultra sensitve to noise so was always calling the cops on the poor teenage neighbors who blasted their music.

It really has been enlightening to put all the pieces together.

C
    It's interesting isn't it. I was actually surprised to read the comments on my report cards, since in my memory I was a pretty decent student, lol. But now that I think about it, I spent a lot of time drawing or writing to friends in the 6th grade during class. I mean, they let me have pencils and paper, what did they expect me to do, listen to the teacher?! Anyway I am amazed that I have repeated documentation about how I wasn't paying attention in class.

Christine S Guest

Default Just be sure to hide it from your kids! lol

ACtually I've talked quite a bit with Ame about how *I* had similar issues so she doesn't feel like she's such an oddball in this.

C