Thread: Lots of updates! Dd did really well with the botox injections. She didn't cry, but

NancyR is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Lots of updates! Dd did really well with the botox injections. She didn't cry, but

they really, really hurt (usually vaccines don't phase her at all - for comparison!). They did 4 shots in each calf. Once she heard lollipop, she mustered all her courage. I can't tell you how proud I am of her! The doctor actually sat down in relief, and said he was so thankful for dd's reaction!

So, we wait and see what happens. It takes a week for the botox to go into effect. Last night dd had a leg cramp and was very sad about it, she thought that meant the botox wasn't working! Poor baby! We'll be doing a dynamic night brace, and an articulating AFO w/a planatar stop during the day (we pick them up Monday night). Hoping to get the max stretch possible during the next few months!

I bought dd a Conair Quick bead as a present for being such a brave girl! She looks really cute with her hair beaded.

This morning was also a big day - "dh" became an American citizen! Leela and I are both very, very happy for him!

So, tons and tons of stuff going on! We're skipping horseback riding tomorrow - it's just been too much of an emotional rollercoaster of a week!

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers - it means so much to us!

Many hugs to all!!! Nancy and Leela 3/28/02

SueW is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Glad it went well - hoping for great results

I'm sure it hurt - those needles must have been long. But it sounds like she handled it well (was it harder on her or you?) I hope that you see some good results soon. Sue

anniemc2000 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Such a brave girl

My goodness, Leela amazes me. She is so strong and brave.
    Hugs to both of you,
    Ann

Restless is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default I was expecting to read that she didn't cry but

you did! LOL who wouldn't? I hate having to be there to hold DS down for scarey medical stuff

I say find her the biggest lollipop and tell her it's from me and DS

Congrats to DH!

Hi Nancy!!!

What a great update on your brave little girl.. you must be so proud!!

Kerry

Quote Originally Posted by NancyR
    they really, really hurt (usually vaccines don't phase her at all - for comparison!). They did 4 shots in each calf. Once she heard lollipop, she mustered all her courage. I can't tell you how proud I am of her! The doctor actually sat down in relief, and said he was so thankful for dd's reaction!

So, we wait and see what happens. It takes a week for the botox to go into effect. Last night dd had a leg cramp and was very sad about it, she thought that meant the botox wasn't working! Poor baby! We'll be doing a dynamic night brace, and an articulating AFO w/a planatar stop during the day (we pick them up Monday night). Hoping to get the max stretch possible during the next few months!

I bought dd a Conair Quick bead as a present for being such a brave girl! She looks really cute with her hair beaded.

This morning was also a big day - "dh" became an American citizen! Leela and I are both very, very happy for him!

So, tons and tons of stuff going on! We're skipping horseback riding tomorrow - it's just been too much of an emotional rollercoaster of a week!

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers - it means so much to us!

Many hugs to all!!! Nancy and Leela 3/28/02

paddylou is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Nancy, your so supportive of so many..m

I am proud of you and Leela.. hoping the botox does work.. my dd loves her quick bead.. great gift..

keep us posted on how it works..

prayers for Leela!!

thank you for all your posts to me.. I am grateful!!
    Patty

zoeyz is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default She is braver than I am

I can take shots and injections in my arm or my butt, but in my calf? I'd most certainly cry. I'm very proud of Leela!! I hope they'll have the intended effect and help her a lot. Congratulations to your DH on his new citizenship too!

JoyKS is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Wow, Nancy, she's so brave.....

and it just touched my heart that she was worried it wasn't working....bless her heart. I hope it all goes well and you get the best results possible! And congrats to your DH on his citizenship! My, it certainly was a big week at your house! Hugs to Leela!

Joy
    (you know, lurking from BB02 again!)

Default Leela is such a *star*

Good on her for being sooo good! And I've got everything crossed that botox works really well for her.

Take care and congrats to your dh!!

Karyn
    Finn and Bree 9 Dec 2000.

Default So glad it went well!

What a little trooper she is! Hopefully you start to see it working soon. And congratulations on your dh's accomplishment. I hope you all had a great weekend!

Deb