Thread: Not liking this milk allergy thing (SID)

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Not liking this milk allergy thing (SID)

I found out today that Savanna's school has only been restricting her milk only and no other dairy so she's been eating cheese for 2 weeks. I got that straightened out but they will be telling me what they need me to bring to help with her diet during the dairy heavy meals.

I went to look for dairy free cheese, salad dressing, etc. at the regular grocery store since a health food store is not close to my work. The one I chose was a higher end grocery so they had a natural foods area but all the "dairy free" stuff was just lactose free.

Savanna is reverting to not eating much (her sensory OT had really opened her up to her eating options) and she seems to be regressing regarding her eating sensitivities. She can have very few of her favorites now and she is a very stubborn girl and very slow for transitions regarding routine/sameness, etc.

Any replacement suggestions for macaroni and cheese, cheesy crackers or chips and, tortilla and cheese and parmasan (sp??) cheese? I can't believe a month ago I was so happy that I finally got her to happily eat yogurt.

Thanks!

Susan

PS... On a positive note, Sierra is doing really well and adjusting to the other foods. I am very grateful and proud of her.

mickey2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default this is my fave site to

get an idea of what is out there when sale shopping the actual brick stores. i also order from this site and am always happy.

the FDA allows things with caesin to be labeled non-dairy and/or dairy free. we found learning the various kosher labels and vegan labels helps tremendously too.
    hugs

www.allergygrocer.com

oh we like, anything by silk, tofutti and soy delicious and vegan gourmet has a meltable cheddar cheese that is as close as you will ever come to the regular. hugs

Default As usual, thank you!

I know you have given me this link before but I swear I am still trying to figure all this out and I think the last time I looked at it it was too early for me (my brain had not wrapped around everything enough, lol).

I will look again and bookmark it this time! I really appreciate it!

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by mickey2
    vegan gourmet has a meltable cheddar cheese that is as close as you will ever come to the regular. hugs
    Do you live near a distributor? They will charge me almost $30 for shipping (so it won't parish which I can understand) but it will make my $15 order $45 for 4 items.

I checked and there doesn't seem to be one near me. I have an uncle who lives in GA. Maybe I'll have to have him go shopping for me!

susan,
    check out this website for great (dairy free) recipes: www.vegweb.com. tofutti is my favorite brand. they have an awesome sour cream! they are also on the web at: www.tofutti.com. unfortunately you can't order there perishables from them but you can order cookies and candy. also, they have a store locator on their site. as far as yogurt, soy yogurt is really quite tasty!
    if you need recipes, let me know...
    best wishes,
    jamie lea

mickey2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default lucky for us or at least my neck of the woods

many are vegan, keep kosher homes, gfcf or dairy protein allergy. so we have a large # that request the goods at all the local health food stores and whole foods. yes i know the shipping fee well....and so far ive not had to pay it. my best advice is to call all the local HFS, etc in your area and ask if they carry it and if not, if they will special order it, if you buy a case. it can be frozen to stop the expiration process. hugs