Thread: Back from Mexico!

Reese14 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Back from Mexico!

We just got back from Mexico and had a great time - it was so relaxing!

DS was pretty well behaved and seemed to have a good time. There was a staff of people who entertained us throughout the day at the pool and got involved with the kids and adults. DS won two medals for tournaments and was really proud and loved going on stage at night to claim them.

On our last day there, a member of the entertainment staff came up to us at lunch and asked to sit with us. Of course we said yes and enjoyed his company. He went on to tell us how great the boys were, how well behaved and CALM they were and what good kids they were. I know younger DS was well behaved on the trip (as was older DS, who usually is) so I guess I wasn't suprised to hear it, but it felt really good because most of the time I'm doing the walk of shame. It was nice to be on the "other end" for once.

The only challenge we faced was that DS is really social and meets people/children easily. He's fun, most other kids like to be around him. He hit it off on day one with a little boy I'll call John. I saw them playing in the pool together. Then I saw them dunking (and holding) eachother under the water, which I was totally not okay with. DH was standing there so I said "tell him NOT to do that" Well it turns out John's grandmother was standing right there and told DH "Oh no, don't worry, they are having a wrestling match in the water and I am timing how long they hold eachother under for" There was no need to ask "what country/state are you from?" because the question was, "what PLANET are you from!" So DS threw a few fits when we tried to redirect him or told him "no" when they came up and asked if DS could go somewhere with them so John would have someone to play with.

All in all, it was great. The kids had fun, DS handled it just fine and had a nice time. We got the relaxation we were so looking forward to.

Now, back to reality!

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Yeah!! Its so good to be around people who don't know the background and history with our kids. Sometimes just knowing that they "are trouble" affects how they view the child. I am so happy you had a good time.

How are you feeling?
    k

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

What a great vacation! I am glad you had such a great time and that you all had a break! Can't we just keep that in our regular life??

Susan

Default I know, I thought the same thing!

Can't we just keep that in our regular life??

I think part of the reason it ran so smoothly because there were two of us there (Dh and I) with two kids. And it was a "yes, sure" type of week. Pretty much no reason to say no to anything (except dangerous games with the other kid) Everything was yes, yes, yes!

I'm glad to read your update below about the IVIG and some promising things you are seeing from it. I hope it is the answer for you, that would be wonderful.

Default You're right Karen

A fresh group of people who know nothing about DS didn't see it. Though as I posted below, it was a yes, yes, yes week meaning that almost anything went. So of course DS was quite happy and agreeable. Still, it was nice not to have that feeling hang over my head and not have to do any walks of shame.

I am feeling okay. I felt pretty good on the trip, I had my medicine and asthma inhaler with me and did okay really. I had a ball swimming with the kids and enjoying some of the activities (I even won a tournament in darts--lol!) I am exhausted today because I am still unpacking and trying to get back to "normal" I had planned on doing that yesterday with DH off but then my older one had to be picked up at school - wicked swimmer's ear, poor guy, so I took him to the ped, then to the pharmacy, then for medicine...you know how it goes, takes 1/2 day to do all that. So I'm trying to play catch up today.

How is your addition coming? I hope I didn't miss pictures of it posted? It should be almost done now, right? I can't wait to see it. I hope you are doing well with everything.

trek is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

you are so lucky you can travel

jeninnc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

I am so glad you had a good time!