Thread: Waiting, waiting, and more waiting.....

Default Waiting, waiting, and more waiting.....

Hi. My husband and I were approved to be foster/adoptive parents over a year ago in March 09. At that time they told us that the wait for a baby (newborn to 1 year old) was 12 months. Well, 14 months have come and gone and I still don't have a baby. I have tried very hard to stay positive through this whole process, but I can feel myself getting into that "How much longer?" mentality.

Can anyone share with me, how they got through this stage? I want so badly for this process to be done, but i'm starting to feel like it's never going to happen.

Thanks for any insight anyone can share with me.

Lilly

Hi Lilly,
    Congrats on your approval. We have two little girls through the miracle of adoption and I remember the agony of waiting. We waited about a year for our first child and two years for our second. I tried my best to have a support network of other parents and friends to call when I was feeling hopeless. (a feeling that came and went and was worse around the holidays) I tried to keep myself busy with home and self improvement projects like cleaning out every closet, gardening, getting the room ready, finishing home projects and going to the gym.
    Also, my husband and I tried to travel on weekends together as much as possible, go out to dinner and movies and truly enjoy the time alone because we knew we would not be able to so much when a baby came.
    I found it helpful to stay as positive as I could. I know it will happen for you and I look forward to hearing your updates.
    Digi

Thanks for your words of encourageement Digi. I have been doing all the things you have mentioned so I think that's why the feeling of impatience is setting in. I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, I think I will just have to look a little harder for it.

Thanks again for the response, it means alot. These boards have been really quiet lately.

Lilly

How are you doing Lilly? I keep checking in to see what might be new. Thinking of you and wondering how you are holding up.
    Keep the Faith,
    Digi

Hi Digi,

No new news, still waiting. Called my social worker this week, and she is actually coming to the house next week to go over our file (and to reassure us that this is really going to happen I think) so we shall see what happens.

Thanks for thinking of me, it means alot.

Lilly