Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need gift ideas for DS's EI team.

Dani is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Need gift ideas for DS's EI team.

Next month, DS will be turning 3 and transitioning out of Early Intervention. We have a team of therapists to whom we (tearfully) will be saying goodbye. These people have been amazing, and a few have been a part of our lives for 18-21 months.

What can I do for them? I'd love to throw a party, but I don't know if it's logistically feasible and/or if they would even want to give up their free time to come. I could give them personal gifts, but I don't have a lot to spend. I was thinking maybe a small potted plant and a gift card. But that will add up fast.

I could give them "work" gifts (donate developmental toys/playgroup supplies), but that doesn't seem personal enough.

Any ideas?

The team includes:

• 1 OT, who is our primary service coordinator
    • 1 ST
    • 3 ABA therapists and 1 supervisor
    • 3 playgroup teachers
    • He also recently started equestrian therapy, but it's been different people every week.

Thanks!

Default Plant/Flower?

How about giving them each a plant/flower, say an azalea with a nice card. So they can plant it and watch it grow and think of your DS growing.

anniemc2000 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Some ideas

When dd graduated special needs preschool we made personalized plants for her team. We wrote "Thank you for helping me grow" on plain pots and put her handprints on them, then planted some plants in them. Older dd did this too, using her fingerprints to make flower petals and bumblebees.

We also made a thank you slideshow for her teacher. I had pictures from each year, then asked her speech therapist to sneak in and take a few more photos of dd and teacher. I used the music Ordinary Miracle and Kind and Generous. She had the same teacher for 3 years and her teacher LOVED the slideshow, showed it to everyone at the school and still talks about it a year later. Of course now I have to do them for older dd's teacher's too!

Good luck!

Ann

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

In the past I have taken a picture of the kids and made cards from snapfish.com with a note about how much they (we) appreciated them (usually a snapshot of something that we were doing that liked and got a card border that went along with it). Then I could give them to all the staff, not just their teachers since I got a lot and never had enought money to really do anything nice for everyone. I also got to keep some for myself which is now a great memory for us too.

Susan

Dani is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Thanks! These are great ideas.

I like the plant and personalized pot. I also like the idea of the photo cards. We'll see what I can pull together before June 15...

I owe so much to these folks.

angeleena is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Great ideas!!!!

an gi

trek is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

I provide gift cards or buy them lunch-I have been doing so for over 9 years. If you do not have time to pick up lunch find a place that delivers

Another gift that I have done numerous time is homemade stepping stones-most children are able to push in objects in the cement. Very easy to make and not a lot of $.

chris s is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default I do gift cards generally, b/c it is hard to say what will

be of use, etc... unless I really know the teacher. ie. this year I got one teacher earrings b/c he always commented on some of mine, so I got her some that were identical. I also have donated money to the program in the teacher's name or donated a tree to the school.
    Chris

I like giving gift cards to book stores.

Default Not sure if this will work

I gave a lunch for my son's therapists. A few worked in the same school and had the same lunchtime. I ordered a chicken caesar salad platter and fruit plate and brought in iced tea, lemonade and all the paper goods. It was in one of the classrooms. If that doesn't work, the plant idea is nice. Hope it is a good transition!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast