Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: follow up with dd's surgeon today

zody is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default follow up with dd's surgeon today

The Surgeon told me not to freak out, but I am totally freaking.

She hasn't gotten the complete pathology back yet, but they suspect something called Juvenile Granulosa Cell Tumor. Seems it is a big deal in children but not necessarily in adults. They are going to have a team meeting next Tuesday and hopefully have more pathology reports (but she said the hospital pathologist is very good). On Wednesday we have an appointment and she will report the recommendations of the team. She said either they will want to remove the right ovary or put her on close observation. Juvenile Granulosa Cell Tumor is considered pre-cancerous and she thinks it's just best to remove the ovary if that is indeed what she has. The left ovary looks normal (so far as she has informed me) and of course I know the ovary isn't a vital organ and ovarian cancer isn't something to mess around with. I can't believe this! I've been doing really well just hoping for the best this far, but now I'm starting to lose it.

DH is out of town, I just want to have a good cry, but I don't think I can yet.

DD is feeling much better. Pretty much back to normal. I had to tell her she has to have more follow up. She "heard" everything the Dr. said, but not sure how much she understands. I told her at the least to prepare for more tests.

Default Oh...

Hugs to you both!

jknyc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

I'm so sorry. Many, many hugs to you and your family. I'm glad you're at such a great hospital.

Default Big hugs- Sending good vibes your way- I hope (m)

the team meeting/recommendations go well...Of course you don't want her to have her ovary removed, but if that will get rid of it and then it's the end of it, then you do what you have to...I know there have been women on this board pregnant, etc. with one ovary...Again, certainly not ideal, but also better than the alternative...Hang in there and please keep us posted...

Lea

Valerie6 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default You are so together! I would probably lose my cool.

I can't imagine getting news like that. You are the strongest mommy ever!

It sounds like you are in good hands. There is a whole "team" of intelligent, experienced people meeting to discuss what to do next. Your daughter is in good hands.

If they remove the ovary will it take care of the problem all together? I'm crossing my fingers you get the best news possible after the meeting, whatever that may be. I'm thinking of you and your daughter.

Valerie

jeninnc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Huge hugs.....I am glad she is feeling better. Hopefully this will all be a distant memory soon.

Keep us posted.

redd89 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Oh no! I'm so sorry. You must be worried sick....
    HUGS
    Keep us updated.

psilverman is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default I imagine I would feel much as you do...

...but I want to remind you, you caught this. That is the good news and it means everything, really.

Many other parents would have waited, or just assumed their daughter was "early" and let it go too long.

My thoughts will be with you and your dd. I'm glad you've got such good doctors and I am SUPER glad your dd has YOU.

Default Hugs...

I'm so sorry that you all have to go through this. Hugs

Jennifer

kiki697 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default You win the Strong mommy award for sure!!

And have a good cry now alone if it makes you feel better. It is a good thing you caught this now and even if the ovary is removed, she will have another one. You will get through this and she will live a long happy life with her super mama!!

PS I would have totally lost it by now and it sounds like you are in great hands.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast