Thread: Lost

Default Lost

Hi'

I had talked to you a few months ago about having my fertility doctor see if I could have an immunologic panel done and I was told by one of the nurses there that my doctor doesn't believe in immunologic causes of M/C! He says there is no scientific evidence to back that up. Could you tell me where I could find references to show him?

Sincerely, Jamie Cocklin

The best thing to do at this point is to google immunologic causes of recurrent miscarriage or visit the information of Recurrent Pregnancy Loss in this website. Dr. Coulam

My RE said the same thing about immune issues. There was no scientific evidence. I wish she would have explained it better as well as given me references to medical journals.I was left thinking she wasn't fully informed. I decided to do my own research. It was very time consuming but I am glad I did. The first thing you should do is educate yourself on what makes up a high quality medical study. Not all medical studies produce valid results that are able to be duplicated. Secondly, once you determine what makes a valid study, then research the medical journals. Often times, the article is not available to the public, but the abstract(or summary of results) is. I did this and came to my own conclusions based on the current evidence.

Good for you. This makes the most sense to me. Dr. Coulam

Default confused

I just received my medical records and I wasn't told that I tested positive for heterozygous MTHFR C677T MUTATION WHILE MTHFRA1298C IS NOT IDENTIFIED. Can you tell me what this means?

By itself, it doesnt mean anything as 40-50% of the population is heterozygous for MTHFR. You could take extra folic acid over that which is included in your prenatal vitamin. Dr. Coulam