Thread: I can't believe my miracle is 5 months old...

Default I can't believe my miracle is 5 months old...

and that it has taken me this long to come back and update, but here I am.

My little bundle was born on a Friday in July (a safe surrender baby) we got the call Monday morning that there was a baby available and were we interested. Interested? I had been waiting for that call for more than a year and a half, and had been waiting for that baby for 12 looong years, of course I was interested. We met the social worker at the hospital that afternoon (we are foster adopting) and I knew the moment I laid eyes on her that she was mine. I burst into tears the second the nurse put her in my arms, our years of wanting and longing, our years of heart break, every negative HPT, every tear I ever shed, every procedure I had ever endured all ended at that moemnt. Our journey was over, I was getting off the rollercoaster once and for all.

The mother had two weeks to return and reclaim the baby, that day came and went. Now we are just waiting to reach the 6 month milestone, so that we can start the finalization of the adoption.

The joy has been great, but I will never forget the path that brought us to this beautiful moment. If you are waiting, I know the waiting can be hard, but just know when it's your turn, it will be worth everything you have endured.

Good luck to all of you who are still on your path, remember to keep the faith.

Thanks again for all the support that was shown to me on this board, you will never really know how much it meant to me.

Love and good luck,

Lilly

I am so happy to see your wonderful post Lilly. I echo your feelings completely. My second bundle of joy is now three years old and not a day goes by when I thank God for the gift of parenthood. The wait and experiences before the wait were horrendous-but my family is a joy and worth everything we went through. Adoption is a miracle and through the gift of two birthmothers, I finally became a Mommy. I will look forward to your post when you finalize.
    Digi

Default Thanks for sharing your joy and hope!

My miracles are now 6 1/2 and nearly 8. I can't believe it. Time really does go so quickly. And it's harder to access the feelings of those horrible years of heartbreak that proceeded their arrival. I know I am parenting the children I was meant to parent.

Bonnie