Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Do schools usually have student RETAKE benhcmark tests....

trek is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Check this email from Friday-I asked if there was a speech evaluation since it has been 3 years and this what the SLP from school replied:
    "There is not a separate report for this evaluation. It is part of the comprehensive eligibility that we will go over at the meeting."

Um, No! This is what I sent late Friday evening as the meeting is Tuesday afternoon.

Ms. R,
    Good evening. The OT -(name removed) said she would send the sensory evaluation report for Grant home today and we have not yet received it? Also, when I asked Grant's SLP (name removed) via email today about sending us a copy of any current speech evaluations done for Grant I was told "There is not a separate report for this evaluation. It is part of the comprehensive eligibility that we will go over at the meeting". So how are Mr. M and I supposed to be part of Grant's IEP team and help the other team members make eligibility decisions without seeing those beforehand? Therefore, we are requesting copies of anything that will be shared at the meeting by Monday afternoon. That includes data collected for assessing Grant's IEP goal mastery in math and reading, along with speech and OT evaluations and a copy of any draft IEP. If these are unable to be sent by Monday please let us know ASAP. We know how valuable time is at this point of the year, if the information cannot be provided prior to the meeting it would probably be best to reschedule to avoid the need to reconvene.

Thank you,

kec is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Wendy, It makes me so sad to see what they are doing to Grant. Bri is right - I wish you could pack up and move to NJ. Things may not always be perfect here but it would be so much better for him. Please find a way to get an advocate or lawyer to go with you and definitely tape your meetings. I know that as soon as districts know that you are going this route, things do start to change. Hopefully that is all that they will need.
    I wish we could all go and fight with you. Your district is awful!
    Kari

Troy is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

You know how I feel, I just want to second what others have said. Get a lawyer and let the lawyer go to war with them. So sad it has to come to this for so many.

trek is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Thanks ladies. I bought a new recorder that has USB capabilities so that is lovely been using a mini tape one since Grant was in 2nd grade

I received OT's report-which shows him below average and way below average in all but one area and definitely documents his sensory processing issues. Oh, and until 2nd grade GRant could not SIT in a chair and would fall while walking not too mention while running, he has made progress in that area
    Bruinicks-Oseretsky Test of Motor Proficiency, second edition (BOT-2). The four sections include: Fine Manual Control, Manual Coordination, Body Coordination and Strength and Agility:
    1) Fine Manual Control (Drawing, Folding, Cutting, Copying)
    a. Standard Score: 46
    b. Percentile Rank: 35%
    c. Descriptive Category: Average
    2) Manual Coordination (Ball Skills, Stringing Blocks, Sorting Cards)
    a. Standard Score: 31
    b. Percentile Rank: 3%
    c. Descriptive Category: Below Average
    3) Body Coordination (Jumping Jacks, Balancing on one foot)
    a. Standard Score: 28
    b. Percentile Rank: 1%
    c. Descriptive Category: Well Below Average
    4) Strength and Agility (Knee Push-ups, Jumping, Hopping)
    a. Standard Score: 29
    Total Motor Composite a. Standard Score: 31

"When comparing the teacher questionnaire results with the parentsí questionnaire responses, overall similarities are present. The results lead to a conclusion that Grant has sensory modulation difficulties. He is over-stimulated by auditory input, most notably, as well as visual input. "

The OT noted that the report was a rough draft and she might reword things or add things. But it seems like they admit there are issues with motor and sensory modulation that do impact Grant in the school setting. But they fought us 2 years ago and dismissed him from OT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3