Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New to INCIID, not so new to PCOS

Is your doctor going to induce AF if it doesn't happen by CD40?

tiggerlover2000 Guest

I would assume a pregnancy test would be first... afterwards I would assume that would be the plan... on my last break I had a leftover script for provera from my OB, so I filled it and used it. My RE was furious! He said without monitoring that can be dangerous. I told him I took an HPT before taking the provera, but thats not good enough for him, he wants blood... :-/ After that, I had another period on my own at 34 cycle days.

I've been feeling crampy the last couple of days, so I'm hoping that means my ovaries are doing something!

So it sounds like your doctor wants to do a blood pregnancy test first before inducing with Provera. As I recall my doctor did the same thing with me, I guess it's standard procedure. What CD are you at right now?

But lets hope that there's something going on in there and there won't be a need to induce!!

tiggerlover2000 Guest

Okay, not sure what happened to your posts on here. I had to go to your posting history to read comments...

I'm at the end of CD17, which is the usual time I ovulate on Clomid, but I've also had HCG triggers following my ultrasound that show the follicle is ready... I've tried OPKs in the past but they don't seem to work for me. I can have dark ones for days in a row. So either I'm not reading them right, or I'm in the small percentage that they dont work on.

Only thing I have found to be somewhat accurate is paying attention to my body's signals, which I am still learning to interpret. Cramps are usually consistent with ovulation now... so we shall see!!!

Well keep us posted on how things progress!

tiggerlover2000 Guest

OMG I got my BFP today!!!! How on Earth did THAT happen?!?!?!

Once again I got pregnant purely by luck, as we were on our TTC break!!!!!!

Miracles DO happen after all!!!!

I didn't feel ovulation at all and had NO idea where I was in my cycle!

But here it is!

What a GREAT Fathers Day Surprise!!!!!

OMG!!!!!! I am so happy for you, what an amazing Father's Day present!! You should totally go over to the beta forum, I think there are a couple other girls over there right now. Congratulations and wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

tiggerlover2000 Guest

Thanks!!!! We are all shocked and surprised, and super excited all at the same time!!! Our insurance will kick in on the 20th, so as soon as that happens I will make my appointment to get an ultrasound. I'll be 8 weeks on Sunday (7/10) but given my long cycles, I have a feeling that I am a week behind.

I did go to my RE for blood confirmation. My 1st blood draw was 168, my second blood draw 3 days later was 416!! I don't think even my RE believed it! LOL!!!! Of course he took credit because I was still taking my Metformin and it was right after a Clomid cycle. My ovaries had been "coached." LOL!!!!

My husband and I went through 3 IUI cycles before we were told that IVF was our last option. Since We don't have the money for that and have exausted all of our loan options, I am still holding out for a natural pregnancy.You may consider looking up the EZ diet if you have problems with blood sugar. I have also know of someone who started taking a medication called Byetta for diabetics and was able to concieve. This may be the next step for me if this diet does not work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2