Thread: Keagan graduates from 6th grade today!

SueW is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Keagan graduates from 6th grade today!

My DS is graduating today - he's been in public Montessori from first through 6th grades, and now moves into the Montessori adolescent program for grades 7 and 8. He's doing very well after his reconstructive knee surgery in November, and was even downhill skiing by spring break.

He's written an essay about his leg that I will post here soon, It made me just bawl! He presented it publicly as part of a 6th grade project, along with props including his first hip spica cast from when he was 2, a brace, and the hospital poser that features him with his external fixator on from when he was five. People were eithr speechless or crying to hear his presentation.

I can't update on PNO or PAI about the doctor who has been harassing me, but need to get it out here, in a safe place. He has filed a lawsuit against me for breach of contract and fraud. I was served a summons at my house as I was leaving for work with the kids, a couple weeks ago. I had to get an attorney in CA - but I found a good one through recommendation of a friend who I know to be a good lawyer. We have challenged jurisdiction, asked for fraud charges to be dropped (they are laughable - he claims I pocketed tens of thousands of dollars in insurance reimbursement from my health insurance provider - when he's received every penny DIRECTLY), and threatened change of venue to federal court re: HIPAA, defamation, emotional distress, etc. But it is hell, it is expensive, and I haven't slept since receiving the summons. Paradoxically, I had just consulted with a lawyer about HIPAA and was advised to do nothing (clearly HIPAA was violated but it was not worth pursuing) and then received the summons the next morning.

Thanks for listening - will post Keagan's essay later today or tomorrow.

Sue

Laura H1 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

(((BIG HUGS))) re the crazy doctor and his co-hort; may your lawyer kick their a$$ in court.

And what a really nice update about Keagan. I'd love to read his essay whenever you get a chance to post it. So cool that he is getting to continue with Montessori in middle school!

Go, Keagan!
    Laura

Default Congratulations to Keagan

It is so joyful to hear about the downhill skiing! So sorry to hear about the dr harrassment issue you are dealing with.

-C-

Laura H1 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Still thinking of you and hoping you are doing better today. Breathe, breathe, breathe...

Laura

SueW is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Thanks Laura -

Our goal is to AVOID court. This ********************* is not worth fighting - he wants a HIPAA case to fight to the Supreme Court -

"HIPAA is abused if it is wielded as a misappropriated shield to defame a United States citizen. Forbidding a person to respond - within legal bounds - when subject to written defamation is not the reason why HIPAA was put in place. The entire law could be struck down as unconstitutional under the First Amendment of the US Constitution if the right case comes along." /s/ Aaron Filler, MD, PhD, FRCS
    http://www.ratemds.com/social/?q=node/47724)

I can't afford that, much as I'd like to be Erin Brockovich on this one.
    Last edited by SueW; 05-27-2011 at 02:53 PM.

danellsar is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Congrats to Keegan! He's come a long way, and so have you. Hope this jerky so and so gets shot down before it ever gets to a judge.
    Ellen

NancyR is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Congrats Keagan!!!

You are so lucky to have a public montessori - wow!!

Hugs on the crazy md... what a fruit loop...

I agree, pick and choose your battles... you have other more positive ways to use your energy and resources!

Hoping your lawyer sends him home packing....

Many hugs!!! N