Thread: Val- How has camp been the rest of the week?

Default Val- How has camp been the rest of the week?

I have been thinking about Tanner in his new summer camp- has he been a little more comfortable with it? I hope that it turned out to be a better for him than the experience at the Y. Any news?

Diana

Val. is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Hi Diana,
    Thank you so much for asking and thinking about us. On Monday and Tuesday, he cried at camp, saying he missed his old camp (which was really that he missed his best (only) friend who was in his class at his old camp). So, Wednesday morning I talked to his teacher and asked if she could encourage some friendships with other children and kinda told her "the deal" with Tanner. Wednesday I picked him up and asked how his day was and he said, "It was the best day ever." Today he said the same thing! So, all seems good. He did tell me today that he got in trouble one time at camp. I asked what happened and he said, "Did you know that at this camp, you have to keep more than your hands to yourself, you have to keep your whole body to yourself?" So, I'm still not exactly sure what he did, but apparently it wasn't too big of a deal because they didn't say anything to me about it.

We had his big eval on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. So, now we wait a few weeks for the results. We'll see.......
    Val

Default That's so great that he likes it!

It's great to hear that in spite of a rough start, that he likes it. It is amazing what the "right fit" can do for them. At least he is not coming home all out of sorts, or getting into trouble (save the keeping his body to himself LOL).

So glad it is better for him. I know it must be a relief for you

Diana

Val. is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

It is amazing what the right fit can do. I was thinking about that in relation to your situation, too. My DH said last night that we have our son back again. I can't begin to tell you the difference in him. We were saying last night that we wish now that he could go to private school with fewer kids per class.

Default I totally understand the private school thing....

and I agree that the right fit can sometimes make or break a situation. That is one of the reasons why I was so torn between the K vs 1st. The first is a public with not so great test scores (or reputation) and the K is catholic (private) with a much different environment.

I am so happy that he is doing better, especially when it is noticable at home, too. Noah is in a camp for SNK of all shapes/sizes/needs, and he is really liking it. It is ending in two weeks, and he is very upset that it will soon be over. It can be such a motivating factor for them when they feel a sense of belonging, and it sounds like Tanner and Noah have both found that. Great to hear it!

Diana