Thread: Back from Vacation

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Thumbs up Back from Vacation

The kids did amazingly well! I can't believe it!

My dang DVD player did not work on the plane so I was upset at that and really did need it but we managed. There were some touch and go parts but for the most part, I'm so proud of the girls. Luckily the DVD did work in the car and I used it a lot there.

I do have some things that I would do differently next time. The work books and coloring books I got didn't hold their interest so I would get more electronic toys for Sierra and more books for Savanna. The CD player for Sierra though was a life saver.

They both had a blast playing with cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles and I was able to get more of a rest than I have in 5 years! I did not have two girls hanging on me all week because they were off having a blast. We had our SID moments but my family all talked about how well behaved and wonderful they are!

All in all, it was an amazing success. I never thought we would get to this point, but the work we have done is really paying off. Sierra seems like a different person. I hope this positive experience sticks with her.

We start listening therapy after Sierra's surgery next week (tonsils and adenoids) and I look forward to and also dread that.

Thanks for reading our update!

Susan
    Sierra - 5 this August
    Savanna - 4 this October

Default Congrats! It sounds like it went really well.

How nice to hear that you enjoyed your time without much SID interference. It sounds like it went well overall.

Diana

Christine S Guest

Default That's great news!!

I'm so glad it went well and you got some much deserved rest. Just think how much better prepared you will be for the NEXT vacation too! lol

C

anniemc2000 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Welcome back

Welcome back!
    I am glad all went well. It sounds like
    you had a wonderful, well-deserved
    vacation.
    Best of luck with the surgery next week.
    Please keep us posted.
    Ann