Thread: Anyone done Ineractive Metronome therapy?

Default Anyone done Ineractive Metronome therapy?

I saw some posts from 2008 that a few here were considering it. My school district, in an IEP re: OT assessment offered 15 sessions. Seems obscure, and the place to get it is a half hour drive at least. Honestly I would rather have another 30 minute session in class.

So, if you have done it what did you think and what is your dc issue. My dd has developmental dyspraxia.

Thanks

mickey2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

We have done it. And still do repeats every now and then. It helps him with rythm and coordination alot but didnt see any improvements in handwriting. But he now plays drums in band and is top of the drummers. So i think it was worth it. Maybe try for a month to see if any differences before committing longterm would be a good solution. We also like the listening program and linda mood bell programs. Lmb us more reading comp stuff that rocks for those with apraxia and dyspraxia.

trek is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Grant did 2x a week last year in school. He loved it but they cannot fit it in this year. It did not really help with anything- they thought attention issues might benefit.
    DX- HFA, cognitive disorder,

Thanks, we saw the Dev Ped this week and she thought it would be something to do later on when dds therapies weren't so intensive. DD spends too much time, IMO, in the car and on a school bus. So, maybe we will try it (at district expense) in a couple of years when we arent having speech 5 days a week.

mickey2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Sounds like a good plan for now. We snk moms can only handle so much at a time ya know. Hugs