Thread: Supplement help.... re: L-Carnitine

NancyR is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Supplement help.... re: L-Carnitine

Hi ladies!!

I remember way back when Leela was taking L Carnitine, I had purchased a special brand due to bioavialability, etc... it was liquid and I kept it in the fridge.

Now I find I need to take L Carnitine, and I can't find the info. Not sure if I'd be brave enough to use the liquid though... I remember it smelled a little fishy.

CoQ10 too if you have any thoughts / suggestions... (I've been using Twinlabs).

Can anyone provide me with some guidance?? Thank you!! XOX to all!!

mickey2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Tischon probably (or is that tje coq10?)

We have ours compounded with other supplements in our mito cocktail. Ours is pharmacy grade wo fillers due to allergies.

Levocarnitor is the rx grade of l-carnitine

We use the levicarnitor too. Can you get an Rx? It's the safest way to get it; higher assurance of purity and consistent dosing.

Evan also get his CoQ10 compounded with other antioxidants. Again, with an Rx you're golden. Without, I would call Village Green Apothecary (800) 869-9159) and ask for one of their nutrition counselors. They are *excellent.* as a business they are careful to stock only with high-quality products too.

If you have Rxs, I still recommend using Village Green. Ask for Ben at x1020 for compounding. They are the *best*.

What's going on with baby girl that you want extra metabolic support?

Lisa

Default Nope not for dd, it's for me!

I'm getting a low ejection fraction reading... go back in a few weeks for my 6 month follow up to see which way it's going... something feels very off though. It's a little scarey. Totally doing Dean Ornish, and lowered sodium to 500 to 1000 mg a day and feel much better... and lost 40 pounds in the last year and am exercising regularly. Doing all the right things. Wanted the supplement info so I knew what to ask for!

mickey2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

We use village green too! Love love love them!

Hmmm, that is worrisome Nancy! Glad you are keeping on top of it. Do you have a cardiologist? How are your electrolyte levels?

I know not all docs are open to discussing supplements but I would run these by the doc . . . coQ10 in particular can mess with muscle function if dosed incorrectly. Our doc checks E's levels annually. I know you are careful so I am not saying anything you don't already know, I'm sure!

Lisa

Thanks Lisa. Still tip toeing around this thing.. It's very troublesome, and very scary... low ef, and some breathing problems = not good. I had thought the breathing issues were due to a cat adoption, and more asthma related... apparently not. My dad was just diagnosed with celiac, so I'll be doing the testing too. Praying that this is an overlap of symptoms!! XOX!!