Thread: Specific Tests for Immune Problems

Hybrid View

Smile Specific Tests for Immune Problems

Dr. Coulam,

Thank you for offering your medical advice to this online community. I am so impressed with all the information available and would like to ask for your opinion on my situation.

I have some auto-immune health issues and would like to get tested for immune problems relating to infertility and pregnancy loss. I see my hematologist and RE this week. Could you let me know what types of tests you would recommend? I'll request these tests and then share the results with you. I need to get them ordered through my hematologist so that our insurance company will cover it. I looked on your website but couldn't find a listing of specific tests.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Heather

Specific tests would depend on your problem. If you go to the website FCLab.us the specific tests for clinical problems oare listed. Dr Coulam

Red face

Could you give me a direct link to the page that lists specific tests for clinical problems? I am having trouble finding it. Thanks so much for your help.

Go to FCLab.us and click on SERVICES. Then deening on your problem, click on panels 1=14. For example, if you are suffering form recurrent pregnancy loss, you would click on # 14. Dr. Coulam

Thank you so much.

You are welcome. Dr. Coulam

Dr. Coulam,

It's been a few months but it's been confirmed that I need to have some immunological testing done. I've printed form http://fclab.us/images/stories/PDFs/TestRequisition.pdf but it isn't clear how to go about sending the blood to the lab. Will my regular primary care doctor know what to do if I provide him with this form? Also, how do I submit payment? The prices are not listed on the form.

Thanks for your help.

Your doctor can draw your blood as indicated on the requisition form. Payment is usually by check. If the fees are not posted, you should contact tFCLab directly. Dr. Coiulam