Thread: how know what/when to test

Default how know what/when to test

Hello Dr. Coulam,
    Thank you so much for participating in this forum! I just wanted to ask when do you test for immunolical issues? Are there signs the patient demonstrates that cuase you to test? Or, do you do a standard testing for all patience? Also, what things would you find that are treatable and how easily treatable are they?

Thank you!

Just like ordering any tests, we would test for immunologic risk factors based on the patient's history. Pertinent in the history would be history of unexplained reproductive problems, autoimmune disease or family history of autoimmune disease. Dr. Coulam

thank you. for me, the only thing is the inability to get pregnant. I've been pregnant once and lost the baby at 6 weeks. But it was two years of trying and treatment. it's now been 9 months since the loss and nothing. What tests would you suggest I aks my RE for?

If your infertility is unexplained, you may ask your doctor to evaluate you for an immunologic cause. For more information about the tests ncluded in the Implantation Failure Panel you may visit the website of FCLab at fclab.us. Dr. Coulam