Thread: "Mama, would you like to dance with me"..Pix enclosed

Ihostmom2mitchandnick Guest

Default "Mama, would you like to dance with me"..Pix enclosed

Yesterday was a great day for Nicholas.
    For the first time, he was actually making conversations that made sense!
    He woke up at 3AM....and stayed awake! He hopped out of bed to kiss Doug good bye.....hopped back in bed with me.....and said "Good morning mommy".....plain as day!
    He was dancing on his play structure in the living room.....yelled for me....and asked me if I would dance with him!
    He asked questions all day long as well.....it is like a trigger in his brain let loose and he now is starting to get things......just amazing. We had such a wonderful day yesterday.....we talked all day long....and it all made sense!
    He has not been acting out at all......we havent seen any family lately.....but at home....all the temper tantrums have been controlled....and he is back to a sweet little charming boy! (knock on wood)
    He is also tolerating his "No cream of wheat".....he wasnt happy about it....but I just told him that Dr. Judy doesnt want him to have it anymore....that seemed to have worked. He is now eating quaker oats...really milked down with some brown sugar added. He is trying new foods as well....with much less of a fight. (still knocking on wood)
    Here are some pictures of oh toothless one!

We were cleaning the play room!

He rode his bike in to see what I was doing....then climbed on the step stool to help!

It is days like yesterday that give me hope! He is just the love of my life!
    Off to get his breakfast.....
    Hugs,
    Mary Ann and Nicholas

JoyKS is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default What a great post!

wow...I'm so happy you had such a great day with Nicholas! Wishing you many, many more like this! He looks so darn cute! And you know, he should be a spokesperson for Old Navy! Does he still love that store?? tehee

Joy

Default I agree, what a great thing to read! m

I hope I'm replying in the right spot; this is my first time posting on this board since it was reformatted!

Mary Ann, did you get my e-mail? I am still hoping to visit you next week (Wednesday). Please let me know if that will be OK!

BFUH,
    Pam

Default Of course it will be ok!

I will go and check my email now!
    Finally.....you will get to sit on our deck with us! WOO HOO!
    Thanks for finding us!
    Big fat Idaho hugs,
    Mary Ann and Nicholas

mk Guest

Default Sounds great! I love your updates. nt

nt

Val. is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Wow. That's awesome. What do you think caused the change? Could the iron problem have contributed?? Just curious if there's a link.

SueW is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default What fantastic progress!

MA - this is a great post! I hope he continues to have breakthroughs like this. Fantastic!

PS - When is your sx? Mine is just up to me to schedule - actually two - endo ablation and wrist cartilage repair. Now that I know K's schedule I can consider getting ME fixed - I hope you can too -

Sue

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mk
    nt
    I am getting ready to work on the pictures for you!
    I promise!
    Hugs, Mary Ann and Nicholas

Default Hey Val

Quote Originally Posted by Val.
    Wow. That's awesome. What do you think caused the change? Could the iron problem have contributed?? Just curious if there's a link.
    I have no idea what is going on. I dont think it is a Iron thing tho....he has only been on a different low iron diet for a couple weeks. I am watching his eyes and skin for yellowing and totally freaking out! I hope it will all resolve. Whatever is causing him to start learning everything....I hope it continues! He is a total crack up! The things this kid says is just amazing!
    We go back to the oncologist on the 22nd....I hope his iron levels have reduced. Keep him in your prayers please!
    Thanks!
    Hugs,
    Mary Ann and Nicholas

Default Hey Sue!

Quote Originally Posted by SueW
    MA - this is a great post! I hope he continues to have breakthroughs like this. Fantastic!

PS - When is your sx? Mine is just up to me to schedule - actually two - endo ablation and wrist cartilage repair. Now that I know K's schedule I can consider getting ME fixed - I hope you can too -

Sue

I am so glad you guys get to get the fixator off! YAY! What a relief for all of you!
    I am happy with Nicholas and his progress....dont know what is going on....but I love it! For days now he has been just wonderful....learning more and more each day!
    As for the surgery.....I wish I could go tomorrow....still having a horrible time of things. It is just so expensive......and money is just to tight right now to take on any more bills. I guess I could ask for a hysterectomy/hernia repair for my birthday in a couple weeks! I know that if I won the lottery......I would celebrate with a hysterectomy! Pretty sad huh!
    I am glad you are having yours....I am jealous! What a thing to be jealous of huh!
    Big hugs to you guys!
    Keep us posted on you and your adorable sons surgeries!
    Mary Ann and Nicholas