Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ADD & Hysteria. How do you deal with it??

Christine S Guest

Default (((hugs)))) for you too.

I just had to take the kids inside because Ame (who wanted to go out in the first place) decided she didn't want to do anything after all, Ansley hurt her foot with a teeeeny tiny scrape and wouldn't stop screaming at me about it, and Tobin was throwing a fit because he cannot understand that Ansley's new Princess scooter is NOT his.

I know the 0-60 type too. That's Tobin. Maybe that's why he likes rocketships so much.

Now forget the old ladies....Ame's skateboard instructors are both young kids who have NO CLUE how to deal with a 9yo in a hysterical fit. And it's safe to say I got a few nasty looks from other parents when I just told her I was going to leave. (trust me, by that point I'd done everything I could already). I've given up caring what everyone else thinks. I just do what I need to do.

for you.

C

P.S. Margaritas will be served as soon as we get back from house hunting with Tobin and Ansley. I may need more than 1 batch by the time we're done with that. Come on over!

Quote Originally Posted by justour2boys
    In fact I am back on line this afternoon as we just had to leave the store because my 6 yr old had a temper trantrum equal to that of a 2 yr old. I too don't know what to do... He said "i hate you" to his brother twice so he lost his game boy, so then he tells me to "shut up" so now the game boy is gone for a week!! And he knows both are not acceptable language in our family.

I am also at a loss.. he goes from 0 to rage in 10 second flat, which would be ok if he was a race car.. but not in a 6 year old in the middle of the grocery store. Oh and don't you just love the looks from the old ladies... I just want to get in their face and say... you deal with him!

But to top it all of... I still have to go to the store as 5 people are coming to stay at our house for a week!... so is it cocktail hour yet???

-Robin

mickey2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default i want to apologize...my

earlier post was very honery...please accept my apology...as for things to help A in the long run....

what calms her the most on a normal day? what type of things? if none come to mind, then begin working on ways to teach her how you realize sans alcohol prefereably lol. like hot bubble baths, a good book, aromatherapy candles at dinner, perhaps candles during her bath, etc.

focus on ways to help her learn to calm herself both at home at the end of the day, during the day and in the morning. then begin on ways to help her calm down when not home, ie school, bus, car, skateboard camp, friends houses, etc.

learning to deal with anxiety is hard for everyone and every kid...for the kids on this bb...its even harder. we use yoga too and are looking into tai chi and karate/juno/dojo as well. ata karate helped josh tremendously at A's age. he went up to a red belt before he lost interest. not sure what age we might start mckevor yet.

youre such a great mom, you will find a way to help A learn to self calm. i just know it!!! hugs ps, have a margarita for me tooooo

Christine S Guest

Default I didn't take it that way at all.

But thanks for the ideas. We have the yoga kids DVD so I should get her using that more often. She's also asking for *relaxation* music during our rest time (she usually reads quietly). Thanks for all the ideas though. We'll have to work more on this.

C

Quote Originally Posted by mickey2
    earlier post was very honery...please accept my apology...as for things to help A in the long run....

what calms her the most on a normal day? what type of things? if none come to mind, then begin working on ways to teach her how you realize sans alcohol prefereably lol. like hot bubble baths, a good book, aromatherapy candles at dinner, perhaps candles during her bath, etc.

focus on ways to help her learn to calm herself both at home at the end of the day, during the day and in the morning. then begin on ways to help her calm down when not home, ie school, bus, car, skateboard camp, friends houses, etc.

learning to deal with anxiety is hard for everyone and every kid...for the kids on this bb...its even harder. we use yoga too and are looking into tai chi and karate/juno/dojo as well. ata karate helped josh tremendously at A's age. he went up to a red belt before he lost interest. not sure what age we might start mckevor yet.

youre such a great mom, you will find a way to help A learn to self calm. i just know it!!! hugs ps, have a margarita for me tooooo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2