Thread: oh my....

mickey2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default oh my....

a new friend who son also has many struggles like mckevor just left with mckevor, her dh, her 6yo son and 3yo dd to the zoo. oh my....she insisted on taking him and letting me get some much needed rest and solo time with dh. while i m grateful, i hope it goes smooth. she will have to "argue" to get his snack bag of allergy free foods in, keep him in tow (supplied a "leash" if needed as he tends to run ahead of group, far ahead), gave crash course on his inhaler and epi pen, and just keep 3 kids from melting down who all have sid of some form.

i wonder how it will go...this is mckevor's first solo trip with someone other than family and my 2 close friends from HS. so its a milestone too in a way. anxious and trying to relax.....wish me luck today

Christine S Guest

Default Oh wow! What a great friend!!

Here's hoping McK has a good day.

zoeyz is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

I hope it went well today. I hate how whenever I get some free time I seem to spend it worrying about DS! Sounds like you're doing that too today Update us when you get the report!

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Wow! Good luck!

I hope it goes so well. How nice of this friend to take him for the day! I hope you have a wonderful day and that all goes well with everything!

Susan

Christine S Guest

Default So?? How did it go?

I'm dying to hear.

ybab is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Christine S
    I'm dying to hear.
    What a big step! And what a brave mom. Looking forward to hearing how things went!!

Default How'd it go?

I assume, no news is good news. Hope you enjoyed part of your free time.

HUGS
    Charlotte

mickey2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default ok the great news is he

did excellent!!! he followed all their rules and even earned gold coins (our ticket system) from them. he got home around 3pm and had a wonderfully fun day. and no grief about his food either at the zoo. yippeee

around 6pm our home health nurse got here and dh went out for our 12th anniv. she comes every monday. mckevor was not happy and for the first time ever, our HHN saw what we were talking about. she handled it all in stride but suffice it to say, mckevor had meltdown after meltdown from the minute we left.

it seems we have noticed a pattern, if he does well at school or with friends etc in the AM, then our PM is hell on earth or vice versa. it would be nice to a full day of peace just once in a while. all in all, it was good.

as for what dh and i did, we saw "step up" and it was good. my fave is a little ballerina girl with facial expressions well beyond her years and were hysterical!!!
    hugs all

Christine S Guest

Default Can I just say.....

Glad he handled the daytime well. I completely understand about the meltdown part. They can only hold it together for so long, but at least the HHN is trained to handle that kind of thing. And McK got to enjoy the zoo and being with some friends for the day.

C

Quote Originally Posted by mickey2
    did excellent!!! he followed all their rules and even earned gold coins (our ticket system) from them. he got home around 3pm and had a wonderfully fun day. and no grief about his food either at the zoo. yippeee

around 6pm our home health nurse got here and dh went out for our 12th anniv. she comes every monday. mckevor was not happy and for the first time ever, our HHN saw what we were talking about. she handled it all in stride but suffice it to say, mckevor had meltdown after meltdown from the minute we left.

it seems we have noticed a pattern, if he does well at school or with friends etc in the AM, then our PM is hell on earth or vice versa. it would be nice to a full day of peace just once in a while. all in all, it was good.

as for what dh and i did, we saw "step up" and it was good. my fave is a little ballerina girl with facial expressions well beyond her years and were hysterical!!!
    hugs all