Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I try to support people here....

SueW is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default I try to support people here....

My first post after Keagan's last surgery has had 82 hits and two responses. I notice that a lot here. People look and they read and then they go on. If this is a support board for parenting children with special needs, then I think we can do a better job of providing that support to each other. I try to respond with words of empathy, advice and support even when I'm no expert on the particular issue. Isn't that what this board is for, and can we do a better job caring for each other? I'm going to try and ask you all to do so too -

Sue
    Last edited by SueW; 10-03-2006 at 06:16 PM.

zoeyz is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

I opened the picture post and didn't reply. Part of it is that I am not as familiar with Keagan's situation and wanted to post something relevant which would mean re-reading to understand and making sure I didn't say anything stupid b/c of not understanding. And I get interrupted a lot, making it easier to reply to topics I'm familiar with or to light type posts on different boards. I'm about to get interrupted again now... so I'll make it short. You are right, I could have at least posted a quick word of support even though I didn't have time to fully understand his situation. When I'm done with this interruption I'll go back and re-read. I scanned the post so fast all I saw was what a handsome boy he is and I should have at least posted that, but I thought it would be dumb to post only that and not more... My apologies and hugs, I could have done better.

Christine S Guest

Default I've had similar experiences here....

Some posts get tons of response and I've actually had others with ZERO response. Doesn't feel too good.

But...I know for me, I often have time to glance at posts, but not always time to respond. Sometimes (as with yours) I look and mean to go back but then get sidetracked. Please know that even if we don't all post something, we DO care and we are thinking of you.

I'm really sorry you're feeling bad about this today.

C

Ihostmom2mitchandnick Guest

Default Hey CYE!

Hugs,
    Mary Ann and Nicholas

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default So sorry,

I feel that way on a surviving multiple board I go to sometimes. No one responds to my posts and I don't know why so I don't post there any more. I can understand how you are feeling.

I agree with some others that it's hard to respond to everyone, that it is easy to get side tracked, not know what to say to be supportive or relevent. Although it doesn't mean that I'm not thinking of you, I do understand what a non-response might seem like.

Anyway,

peanutgallery is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Sue, {{hugs}}

Quote Originally Posted by SueW
    My first post after Keagan's last surgery has had 82 hits and two responses. I notice that a lot here. People look and they read and then they go on. If this is a support board for parenting children with special needs, then I think we can do a better job of providing that support to each other. I try to respond with words of empathy, advice and support even when I'm no expert on the particular issue. Isn't that what this board is for, and can we do a better job caring for each other? I'm going to try and ask you all to do so too -

Sue
    I peek in from time to time too but I think that in particular here, at least with me, I have limited posting time because I'm a special needs mom. When I do get that time, I find that sometimes it's easier to think in light-hearted terms over on PNO and get my mind off of things. So I don't mean to be unsupportive, it's just a mom-coping mechanism.

How did your job thingy go, btw? I never read what happened.

Oh, one more thing--because there are unkind people who read over here and *do* stuff, I also limit what I post. I wish this board was only avail via password to sp needs parents in good standing, and that nobody else could read it. I'd participate more.

zoeyz is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Quote Originally Posted by peanutgallery
    I peek in from time to time too but I think that in particular here, at least with me, I have limited posting time because I'm a special needs mom. When I do get that time, I find that sometimes it's easier to think in light-hearted terms over on PNO and get my mind off of things. So I don't mean to be unsupportive, it's just a mom-coping mechanism.

How did your job thingy go, btw? I never read what happened.

Oh, one more thing--because there are unkind people who read over here and *do* stuff, I also limit what I post. I wish this board was only avail via password to sp needs parents in good standing, and that nobody else could read it. I'd participate more.
    I thought this board did require special permission to post (in addition to having a password)?

danellsar is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

I often feel unqualified to answer posts since my kiddo's issues are so mild compared to some others. I really don't know much about a lot of the physical issues, but I do read and like to keep up to date on folks. I guess I should chime in more often with just a quick .
    Ellen

mickey2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default sue

please know that keagan has been in our nightly prayers since the beginning of this summer. to be honest, when i saw the pics a few days ago. i thought, wow what a trooper that guy is!!! i doubt i could endure that with such grace and pose. not to mention handsome as well.

then i began thinking of everything the rotator/fixator has meant for you all in terms of bathing, car rides, wheelchairs, crurches etc. and was in awe of your strength to endure all the crapp this summer has thrown you and your family....then mckevor had a meltdown...

i lost my train of thought and wanted to post something as deeply motivating and inspirational to you as you have been to me personally. then days went by, i again looked at the post....still nothing of witt popped into my head.

so finally, i sit here tonight....feeling the same re a post i made here that got tons of hits and only 2 replies and feel like a total looser!! so please accept my humble apologies as i pick my awe dropped jaw from the floor. hugs galore!!!

Laura H1 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default I think your gripe is VERY valid!

It is sooooo hurtful to post and not get any replies (or minimal replies) knowing that sooooo many DID read your post...

(((hugs)))

I know I'm guilty of not replying to many posts that I have read... I've got excuses out the ying-yang... I think one of the biggest problems for me is the new posting format...

I LOVE the "old" format as it is easier for me to read through posts and their replies AND respond on my own...

I'm having a hard time learning this new format and viewing the posts in a timely manner...

and like others, I'm soooooo stressed out with my own kiddos needs... and i've selfishly sucked in the knowledge from the other regular posters and haven't returned nearly as much...

This board IS the most important to me, so I'm going to try and make a better effort at making this my time priority when I DO post....

(((BIG HUGs))) and THANK YOU for bringing this problem up! I also saw the lack of replies compared to the "looks" and became discouraged myself...

Laura

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast