Thread: Update on our homework issues....

Christine S Guest

Default Update on our homework issues....

Last week I posted that Ame was having trouble with the weekly sheet of homework given on Mondays.

This week I took the sheet and organized it for her. I wrote the assignments in her planner for each day and prioritized them. I gave her plenty of time to work on the lengthy written assignments so she only has to do a few sentences at a time. She is doing the reading journal and typing on the weekends to catch up if needed. (we have a 30 minute limit on homework each night so often there isn't time during the week)

It's only been 2 days, but so far it's been a great success. We are carpooling so often she is with another family directly after school. The other parents are helping make sure she works on homework before we pick her up and Ame is actually doing exactly what she is supposed to do!

Hopefully this will be the answer to the homework issues this year!

C

ybab is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Quote Originally Posted by Christine S
    Last week I posted that Ame was having trouble with the weekly sheet of homework given on Mondays.

This week I took the sheet and organized it for her. I wrote the assignments in her planner for each day and prioritized them. I gave her plenty of time to work on the lengthy written assignments so she only has to do a few sentences at a time. She is doing the reading journal and typing on the weekends to catch up if needed. (we have a 30 minute limit on homework each night so often there isn't time during the week)

It's only been 2 days, but so far it's been a great success. We are carpooling so often she is with another family directly after school. The other parents are helping make sure she works on homework before we pick her up and Ame is actually doing exactly what she is supposed to do!

Hopefully this will be the answer to the homework issues this year!

C
    Oh, Christine...that is just great news. It must be such a relief for both of you to have a system that is working! Hope the progress continues...

anniemc2000 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default What a good idea

Nice job Christine and Ame!
    Hope the success continues.
    Ann

Suzi is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Just now remembered I was going to post

Katy's homework assignment sheet for you to look at. Ughh....sorry. I'll still try when she gets home from work today

Val. is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

That is awesome. And that is something that Tanner needs help with too, getting organized. Glad it's working!

Suzi is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default O.K....here's her school's system:

They give each child a 3 ring binder. There is a pocket to pencils, etc.

Next is:

Daily Assignment Sheet (i'll try to type it out. There are chart lines I won't be able to insert here)

Name:
    Assignments for : Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday (circle day)

Date: ___________

Subject Assignment Completed

Reading

Reading Enrichment

Math

English

History/Science

Social Skills

Advisory (these are notes home from teacher)

So, theory is that she will go on her assignment sheet and write down under the subject what the homework is for the day. I sign off on the completed homework column. There is a similar Math Minutes check off page.

Next in the 3 ring binder is a folder for Homework To Do where any loose homework to be done is placed and the next thing is Homework completed where those loose pages are placed after the homework is done. Then there are tabs for each subject.

I hope that makes some sense? LOL. It is hard to describe but is suppose to be an excellent tool to organize students.

sugarsue is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Great idea

That sounds so helpful! I know I will need to do something like this for Sierra. She is always so confused about her homework.

Keep us posted.

Susan