Thread: Figuring out this format...

Laura H1 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Figuring out this format...

Apparently, on my computer at home, I've been in "Linear Mode"... I come to Gramma's house today and everything looks different... I'm in "Threaded Mode" at Gramma's...

WOW! Try taking a look in your own browser's in at the different modes... "Threaded Mode" looks the MOST like the 'old' format... and you can reply to the post you INTEND to reply to... lol'ing at where my reply posts are located when I was viewing in "Linear Mode"...

Any techies out there must think some of us are really screwy!

Sorry for rambling, but I thought if I posted about this, and you see for yourself, it could help many of us!!!

best wishes! Laura

p.s. i KNOW there is a way to post to the people you intend to within a thread in Linear Mode, I just haven't figured out an easy way....

Suzi is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default I like Linear Mode much better....

If I'm replying to someone specific, I always hit the quote button and then reply. I don't know why, but I do not like the threaded mode.

Default Testing something out....

I think the reply button at the bottom of the page is different than the one up top. We'll see , uh?

Edit: O.K...if you are in the linear mode and hit the reply button at the bottom of the page, it will put you as a reply to someone else's post, not the OP.

Default One more test...

this is what happens when you hit the reply button at the top.

Edit: and if you hit the reply button at the top of the page in Linear mode, then you will post your reply to the OP. Does that make any sense?? LOL

Default okay, the quote button! THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi
    If I'm replying to someone specific, I always hit the quote button and then reply. I don't know why, but I do not like the threaded mode.

Let's see if this works.... (hitting "Submit Reply" button now)

Edit: Okay! It worked!

Default okay, let's see what happens with quote button here

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi
    I think the reply button at the bottom of the page is different than the one up top. We'll see , uh?

Edit: O.K...if you are in the linear mode and hit the reply button at the bottom of the page, it will put you as a reply to someone else's post, not the OP.

I'm viewing this in "linear mode" and then just hit the "quote button" on this (Suzi's "Testing something out" post)... let's see if it puts my post underneath hers when I view in "threaded mode"... hitting "submit reply" button now...

edit: IT WORKED!!!! So now I can use threaded mode and reply to the proper person using the 'Quote' button located at the bottom and within the person's post... hoping this makes sense! THANK YOU, Suzi!!!

mickey2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default lol and my fave is the hybrid mode

that gives me the option to read all posts in a thread w/o having to open each one and the quote button ability too

Christine S Guest

Default Hybrid mode gets you both.

If you want to add to the original post, hit the button at the top.

If you want to add to the last post listed, hit the button at the bottom.

If you want to add to anything in the middle you may either hit the quote button, or click on the post itself (again, using the hybrid mode) and then hit reply.

C

Default LMAO at your "washing machine" icon...

i'm soooooo hating doing the laundry right now.... lol!

Thank you Christine and LM... i'm gonna have to check out this "hybrid mode"...

Laura

Christine S Guest

Default WEll if you ask me what I'm doing on any given day...

It would typically be LAUNDRY! lol

C