Thread: So here's a happy friendship post...

LL2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default So here's a happy friendship post...

Thanks SO MUCH for all the support re: DS's difficulties with being bossy/friendships last week. It was very helpful. As part of that, we've decided jointly with Sam's parents that their level of interaction needs to be modified a bit - given the issues, we felt that the frequency with which they were getting together was making things too intense. Hopefully things will still work out in the long run, but only time will tell. They still spend the whole school day together, so it's not like they don't see each other!

In the meantime, without saying anything to DS directly about seeing less of Sam, we've been encouraging "playdates" with other kids, just to take some of the pressure off his and Sam's relationship. Yesterday he went over to his friend Jackson's house. Jackson also has a PDD-NOS diagnosis and although he is more severly affected than DS, it is primarily regarding sensory issues and speech delay - he is also a little bit of a math savant. So yesterday, I am going downstairs to get Timmy and they are playing a Sponge Bob video game. After a few minutes, I say, "Do we need to just stop, or is there an end to this game?"

DS: "Everything has an end."
    Jackson: "Except numbers."
    DS: "Hey Jackson, I know what the biggest number is."
    Jackson: "Infinity?"
    DS: "No, infinity plus one."
    Jackson HOWLS with laughter.

Isn't it fun when our quirky kids find a peer that so totally appreciates them?

Val. is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Hey, Can Tanner come over and play? That Infinity plus one is exactly what he said to me. LOL Sounds like you are on the right track!!

anniemc2000 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default That's great

Glad the playdate went well!
    Ann

mrd is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Sounds great!

You're doing a great job to help your son find his way with friends.

LL2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Quote Originally Posted by Val.
    Hey, Can Tanner come over and play? That Infinity plus one is exactly what he said to me. LOL Sounds like you are on the right track!!
    Sure he can! Oh wouldn't they be an adorable trio?