Thread: hives for almost a week now

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default hives for almost a week now

and we can't figure out what is causing them. we started a humidifer in jacobs room thinking maybe it was a reaction to dry skin. but i don't think it is. we haven't changed any detergents or soaps. No new foods. His food allergies don't cause hives they cause rashes. We haven't seen hives since early summer when we started identifying his allergies. We changed his detergents and that seemed to have gotten rid of them. I've been giving him benedryl at night to counter any itching. not sure whatelse to do.

i'm sure they are causing some of the behaviors we have been seeing lately. I posted on Parenting multiples about an incident today. This is what happened.

Jacob kicked a boy at school today because he said he didn't want him to be his friend. I couldn't get out of him what happened to make him feel that way. when I asked him why he didn't want this boy to be his friend he answered that he didn't need friends because he had Reuben. it is very very sweet of him but he has been kicking and pushing a lot today and telling me repeated that he hates me.

maybe this behavior is a reaction to my new discipline approach. the calm new me. I'm just carrying him upstairs and putting him in his room. he has a choice of door open or closed. if he can't stay in the room, i close it and hold it closed until he stopped banging and kicking it. Today reuben, faith and I just sent outside to play without him. that way we didn't have to try to ignore him. he was better when he finally came outside with us.

Karen
    reuben and jacob - 3.6 yrs old
    faith - 2.7 yrs old

mickey2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Quote Originally Posted by pepperlc
    and we can't figure out what is causing them. we started a humidifer in jacobs room thinking maybe it was a reaction to dry skin. but i don't think it is. we haven't changed any detergents or soaps. No new foods. His food allergies don't cause hives they cause rashes. We haven't seen hives since early summer when we started identifying his allergies. We changed his detergents and that seemed to have gotten rid of them. I've been giving him benedryl at night to counter any itching. not sure whatelse to do.

i'm sure they are causing some of the behaviors we have been seeing lately. I posted on Parenting multiples about an incident today. This is what happened.

Jacob kicked a boy at school today because he said he didn't want him to be his friend. I couldn't get out of him what happened to make him feel that way. when I asked him why he didn't want this boy to be his friend he answered that he didn't need friends because he had Reuben. it is very very sweet of him but he has been kicking and pushing a lot today and telling me repeated that he hates me.

maybe this behavior is a reaction to my new discipline approach. the calm new me. I'm just carrying him upstairs and putting him in his room. he has a choice of door open or closed. if he can't stay in the room, i close it and hold it closed until he stopped banging and kicking it. Today reuben, faith and I just sent outside to play without him. that way we didn't have to try to ignore him. he was better when he finally came outside with us.

Karen
    reuben and jacob - 3.6 yrs old
    faith - 2.7 yrs old

gosh hard to say....seems his immune system is on overload and maybe trying to unburden itself. could be die off from an allergic reaction, yeast die off or yeast build up (can present both ways) or maybe something at school that they didnt think was a big deal like cleaning stuff. i get hives and wheezing when i go into a bathroom sprayed/cleaned with lysol (the clorox spray is not a problem for me).

i would start with the school to see what cleaning stuff is used. they may have changed recently, that happens often too. hugs

Default very interesting

i didn't think to check at school. i'll talk to the director tomorrow. i've been reading all the yeast posts. are there any negative side effects of a product like threelax (sp?) i'm willing to try it to see if it will help with any of the stuff going on.

thanks,
    karen

Suzi is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default and sometimes you can have hives with

viruses. Could he be coming down with something? Sometimes that can also make their behavior change. Sometimes you cannot figure out what is causing them. I had chronic hives (lasted over a year) and never did figure it out other than my immune system was on high alert after having an allergic reaction to some prescription medication I took. It drove me crazy trying to figure it out and there was not really an answer for me. I had allergy testing done several times and I was allergic to one thing one time and not the next time and it would then be something different I was allergic to.

Default any thoughts

he has been on flovent for 2 1/2 weeks. I was really trying to think about what might have changed. the hives didn't start right away so i didn't connect it. could the flovent do this? he was have wheezing that the peds thought was from airway inflamation. he was coughing and it would go away, thats when they found the wheezing. the cough is almost gone (but not quite) now but he is suppose to be on it for another 1 1/2 weeks.

karen

mickey2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default if he does have yeast issuse

Quote Originally Posted by pepperlc
    i didn't think to check at school. i'll talk to the director tomorrow. i've been reading all the yeast posts. are there any negative side effects of a product like threelax (sp?) i'm willing to try it to see if it will help with any of the stuff going on.

thanks,
    karen

the die off from the yeastie bugs as we call them is brutal!!! but sooo worth it. we have been using threelac for the past few weeks (added to the other stuff we already took). so just be prepared for the withdrawl period of the yeastie bugs screaming for "food" to stay alive. its akin to a druggie withdrawl period. hugs