Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Venting about people in public...

Reese14 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default Thank you Christine....

I loved your comment about Einstein and will have to remind myself of that on the tough days because it is so very true.

Thank you SO much for your support, it helps so much.

Default Thank you....

I wish I could laugh it off like that and will have to try that, with the comment like "it doesn't suprise me" instead of reacting every time. It really isn't my personality because I take everything to heart, but I will give that a try next time.

Thank you so much.

Default LOVE that line! sm...

Love your line about the problem being you don't have a sitter....that is a GOOD one. It seems everyone around here has f/t nannies, even though they are home, so they can go where they want without kids in tow. So that would really work. I will try that next time! Thanks for the chuckle and for making me feel better knowing I am not alone.

Default Too funny Robin!!!

I love the comment asking them to take him home. That is hysterical. Though my DS would think I meant it and want to go home with them. LOL. He'd go home with anyone. Though he is difficult, he has a charming way about him and the people who can overlook the horns do usually end up laughing at the funny things he says. That is a funny comment and I may use it.

I totally and completely agree that many of the boy moms understand because even without ADHD or other problems, boys are just wired differently.

Thank you!!!

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default I had horrible TMJ that has been fixed by an amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Reese14
    Somehow, I do get enough sleep (thank goodness because I can't function with little sleep) but I have terrible TMJ from grinding my teeth at night I guess from all the stress. It is so hard. Thank you for your support and letting me know that I am not alone.
    dentist. He created a night guard for me to wear that realigns my jaw. it took awhile before it fully helped by now my tmj is completely gone. He's in DC if you are interested. The other thing that helped before I got the guard was having a chiropractor adjust my jaw

big hugs.
    karen

Default Thinking of you

{{Hugs}}
    -Dawn

mickey2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default i give out "autism alert cards"

i make mine own up and print them from vista print but you can do it for any issue.

what i like is it distracts the person from critiquing you refocuses their attention to the reading of the card. my dss also loved them b/c at 11yrs, he hated the stares in public too and weoubl become very angry about it. once we gave him cards to hand out when people stare, he felt more in control as well.

now at 5yrs old, mckevor hands the cards out himself. and we use it to help him with social interactions. hes definately becoming a little PR marketer for autism, mito disorders, allergies and hot air balloon rides (my bil has one and we og up often).

heres a with some sample word ideas....
    http://www.autism-pdd.net/testdump/test408.htm

anyhow...this is how we deal with it....he especially loves giving them out while standing in line...hugs

LL2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Quote Originally Posted by mickey2
    heres a with some sample word ideas....
    http://www.autism-pdd.net/testdump/test408.htm

anyhow...this is how we deal with it....he especially loves giving them out while standing in line...hugs
    OMG, the one about "we're trying to modify his behavior, now please try to modify yours..."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2