Thread: When did you figure out that your child had

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default When did you figure out that your child had

ADHD? How did you know?

karen

mickey2 is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

Default jury is still out if mckevor has ADD but he is super

duper hyper and always has been. even as an infant in the carrier, he wasnt content unless rocking him rast (while in waiting rooms for appts) as opposed to most babies who wanted gentle slow rocking. his neuro dx'd extreme hyperactivity-nos at 10mos old. he saw him monthly since born and at dss visits too. neuro even stated he was the most hyperactive infant he had seen ever.

dss i didnt meet til 2yrs old but he was always hyper too and fidgety. the attention issues were also there imho but his mom disagrees.

so jmho, hyperactivity can be seen as early as birth. attention issues are subjective to the observer and harder to qauntify at such young ages. hugs

Val. is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

We have a diagnosis at 6 yo, but the psychologist and the doctor are both not "convinced" that's it.

threesnugbugs Guest

Default kindergarten- (sibs ment)and I was an elem ed teacher and didn't see

the precursors to it. He never slept well, and was always active. He was truly happiest when there was tons going on around him and would rather be in large crowds and stores and restaurants than at home playing. I only see bits of it in my daughter who is now a kindergartener and her twin brother doesn't have it at all. Medication was a god send and helped him tremendously through most of third grade. Since then there have been so many issues that I wonder if there isn't something else going on. I stopped meds cold turkey two days before Christmas. I think a lot of what I saw in the evenings and weekends was just wear off and withdrawal. I am questioning whether I send him to school unmedicated and see what happens--I am wondering if he hit a toxicity level as he has been so strange since last year. I feel like he is more well rounded off right now. Way more info than you asked for--sorry

pepperlc is offline INCIIDer - A Community Creator

thanks so much for sharing. no i did want to know. i'm also an elem ed teacher but don't know what i'm seeing. we know he has SID but pretty sure there is at least 1 other thing going on.

thanks,
    karen